Saturday, May 14, 2011

2nd NWOC Post Three-Kyle Jay Nimmers

Well here's NWOC post three. This time it is from FBI Agent Kyle Nimmer's perspective. Here you go:

Kyle Nimmers, may I ask you a few questions?

Sure. What about?

You’re the oldest in your family. After your mother died, did you feel the need to fulfill that role?
I had three younger sisters. They took it hard, especially Haille. She was just so young when it happened. Yes, I felt responsible to make sure that their needs were taken care of and that they were happy. I wanted to help them, protect them if I could.

This desire to protect your loved ones seems to have defined your life is that correct.

Yes, maybe it’s a big brotherly instinct, but being in the FBI simply played up that instinct if anything. My sisters have been dealt a hard hand in life and yeah I do want to protect tem if I can.

What made you want to be an FBI agent?

I always loved mysteries and I grew up with an intense desire to solve them. In crisis, most people get anxious and need to speed up. I’m the opposite I slow down and start analyzing my options. It’s almost instinctive. I just handle pressure well. I wanted to help protect those who couldn’t protect themselves.

Your mother died in your childhood, your father and sister were murdered, and your other sister almost died in a fire. Then in your career you are faced by these types of experiences quite frequently. How do you deal with all the traumatic experiences that surround you in your personal life as well as your work life?

When it comes to work, I play an intense game of basketball to let off the steam. It’s harder to shake the personal traumatic experiences. I choose to focus my anger and harness it into a desire to solve those cases. I direct my anger and funnel into my work in the means of motivation. You can’t afford to get angry when you’re an FBI agent. Anger simply leads to foolish decisions that can get you and your partner killed. You have to discover how you can harness that anger.

Your partner is your best friend in the truest sense of the word?

Yes, my partner is Jack and he is also my best friend. Jack thinks very differently than me. He’s action driven. He never stops moving. He has this intensity about him when working a case that is hard to parallel. I’m a little more rational and a little less insane.

Is Jack your basketball buddy?

Yes, Jack is the one I turn to whenever I need to let off some steam, whenever I need to talk, or need advice. Jack is a great guy.

No love interest though?

No, not really. I have a lot of friends who are girls…but nothing romantic. They are all too busy getting themselves into trouble. I constantly have to step in and get them out of the mess they get themselves into.

So you’re a protector to your family, your friends, and in your job?

I’ve never really thought of it that way…but I guess you could say that. It’s not something I do on purpose. It just instinctively happens. It’s just part of my makeup.

Thanks, Kyle.

And that’s Kyle Nimmers. Tomorrow I’ll introduce you to Darcie Pay Warburton.

I’ve mentioned her a few times already. She really is one of my favorite characters and one that I think I’ve developed the most. I’ve already given so many sketches of her personality and who she is. So I’ll simply say that Darcie is a Private Investigator with a need for speed and a knack for getting into trouble. She’s an absolute klutz and curious to a fault. She’s at odds with her family and it hurts her more than she realizes. Darcie stars in Black Rose number four.  

That’s Darcie in a nutshell. See you tomorrow for post number four.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)