Monday, October 3, 2011

In My Mailbox (3)

Hello, this is my third week being involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the week. This week I actually recieved a lot of book too (mainly books to review), so this one should be a good haul!

Before I say Goodbye Rachel Ann Nunes
(not self-published--reviewing for work)

Changing My Wardrobe by Deb Hanrahan

Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy

An ABC Escapade through Egypt by Bernadette Simpson

Defiance by G.C. Naffin

Heartkeeper Volume 1 by N.R.Searcy


Jake West: The Keeper of the Stones by M.J. Webb

Regarding Ducks and Universes by Neve Maslakovic

Sudden Independents by Ted Hill

The Firefow Chronicles: Shadows of Past Memories by Alexandra Lanc

The Jade Rabbit by Mark Matthews

I recieved a lot of requests to review ebooks that were self-published or published through their own publishing industries. I've never really read self-published books before, but the one I've read so far was absolutely wonderful. Changing my Wardrobe by Deb Hanrahan.


I mentioned this week's haul was mainly self-published books, which leads me to a question for you guys.
What do you think of self-publishing? Have you read a self-published book? Have you considered self-publishing?

As for me, I haven't made up mind yet.

Well that's In My Mailbox 3. Hope you enjoy! As always feel free to leave your IMM link in the comments. I check out every single one.

~Danica Page

4 comments:

  1. I have read a few self published books, some were great others not so great. If I'm honest I'm a little weary of self published books.

    Have a great week,

    Rachel @ Fictional Fantasy

    PS - Come and check out my IMM if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am typically wary of self-published books too. I am using the next few weeks to branch out and cement an opinion on what I think of self-published books.

    Thanks for leaving a link, I'm checking it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Imm! As for self publishing I definitly would do it, there are to many great talents that go unoticed because they don't have a backing.I read The Darling Budds by Johnny Dale and it is a great piece of work, the review and interview are up on my site. In my opinion not all self published works are crap and not all published works are gold! I've read several published works that I can't figure out how they ever got a deal, I'm sure we've all read a few of those, so take a chance and pick up the unknown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fiction Fairy, a very good point. Like I mentioned, I read Deb Hanrahan's self-published novel and it was really good. And I've read some really bad traditionally published books.

    Thanks for commenting. I really loved how you expressed your opinion on self-publishing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)