Monday, October 10, 2011

Musing Mondays (3)

Hello Readers,
It was a busy weekend so sorry for the lack of posts; however, I'm back now with my third week involved with Musing Mondays. And without any other ado, here is this week's musing. Musing Mondays is a weekly blogging meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

What types of nonfiction do you read? Can do multiple choices.




CHOICES:
- e-books
- Mythology/Folklore
- Travel/Locations
- Humor
- History
- Art, including art history
- Science including forensics
- Gardening/Nature
- Political
- Financial/Economical
- Religious
- Self-help
- How-to books
- Books on writing
- Audio books
- Biography
- Autobiography
- Sports
- Architecture
- Fitness/Exercise/Nutrition/Beauty
- Other
- None of the Above

My answer: I am sad to say that I don't really read much nonfiction. I really need to read more. I have read nonfiction when it catches my eye, however, and have read, books on writing, autobiography/biography, self-help, on occasion non-fiction religious books), and of course books on art and history.

I have read a ton of textbooks on history, science, art, math, English in my school classes, but I've never read books on math or science for fun. I've also perused traveling books.

And that's this week's musing. As always feel free to leave your Musing Mondays post link in the comments section.

And here's my question to you guys: Do you guys like nonfiction or do you stick with fiction?

Love,
Danica Page 

7 comments:

  1. You read quite a lot of non-fiction books, compared to me :) But I agree, I'm not a big NF fan either.

    Here's my MM post.

    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah textbooks are a given for me. But other than that, I only read magazines.
    Amy's Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point Amy. I am a journalist, so I read multiple newspapers every day.

    Vicky, I don't read non-fiction all that often, but I do read it if it catches my eye. I have read a lot of interesting non-fiction though.

    I think non-fiction is a very broad category.

    Thanks for leaving the links to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also tend to stick to fiction :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-mondays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always enjoyed fiction more. I don't know. I only usually pick up non-fiction when it interests me. But I do, however, appreciate the truth in non-fiction, especially in memoirs that read like fiction stories.

    Anyway, thank you for sharing!

    Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a big non-fiction fan either. In the past most of my non-fiction were reference books on various subjects... with the internet now, they tend to be out of date dust catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LibrarySnake, thanks for leaving the link. Fiction is great.

    Demijel, you've basically summed up my feelings. I feel that way. And thanks I'm glad you enjoyed my post. Thanks for the link.

    Caite, it is true the internet is a valuable tool. However, I have read some great biographies.

    Once again,thanks for leaving your links and commenting. I will try to leave a comment on your guys' post, but sometimes my computer doesn't let me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)