Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Books Whose Titles or Covers Made Me Buy Them


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

It seems like book covers get more pretty and elaborate with each year. Here are 10 books whose title/cover caught my eye.

10. When it Happens by Susane Colasanti. I don't know why I like this cover...maybe just because I like trees?






9. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler-- I was just so intrigued by the one read piece, and the idea of twenty boys in one summer caught my attention.










8. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson--we're sticking with the heart theme. But I liked this one, and the book is actually really really good.









7.Along for the Ride Sarah Dessen-- I just love this cover. It's just really cute.  Plus Sarah Dessen is a great author, so anything by her is worth reading.










6. Babe in Boyland--by   I loved the alliteration in the title and the idea behind the title. Plus, the cover was absolutely hilarious, and so I just had to read it.









5. Exile by Anne Osterlund-- the author's name cinched this for me. Also, I loved the first one. I remember seeing the cover for the first time and thinking I have got to read this.








4. Because I am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas--the title and the cover caught my interest. I was drawn to it and eventually just had to read it. A great read, but definitely not one that everybody would like.








3. Thirteen Reasons Why---by Jay Asher. I read this three years ago and I can still remember that the title caught my eye and then when I saw the cover I was hooked. A great read. I still get chills thinking about it.








2. The Luxe by Anna Godsbersen-- any girl with a dress that elaborate was bound to catch the attention of my teenage mind. A great series.









1. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman-- a beautiful cover, a beautiful book, and a beautiful reccomendation. I was caught up with the hypothetical question of the title. Another great read. I read the book with the harback cover with the tree. However, I really really like the new cover. It is so hauntingly beautiful.





Have you read any of these books? As always, feel free to link your Top Ten Tuesday post in the comments section. I'll look at them all and comment on all the ones that have name/url option or pop-up comment form, because those are the only ones I can commen on for some reason.

Love,
Danica Page

6 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times ..a cover grabbed me and i just had to have the book. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. And thanks for commenting.

    Covers really are important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Along for the Ride was a lovely read. I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexa, Along for Ride was a great read. I also enjoyed it.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous book covers you picked, especially Thirteen Reasons Why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya, thanks for your comment. I love Thirteen Reasons Why as well. It really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)