Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Yes, another Wednesday blogging meme that I'm now participating in. I'm trying to reach out and connect with other bloggers, because I love seeing what they are reading and what they are blogging about. So yes, here's my first Waiting on Wednesday post.

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly post by Jill at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post: This week the novel I'm anticipating reading is: Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. Published by Random House. A whopping 800 pages.

Finally appears on the shelves on November 8,2011.

Can I just say I've been wanting to finish this series for quite some time? I loved the first two novels, and liked the third. I eagerly awaited for this novel to come out and it never did. I got frustrated, even wondered if he'd given up on the series.

But YES! he didn't. I can finally finish this series. I've waited so long to see how he ends his series. This was a series I started reading in my early teenage years and I will definitely look forward to seeing what ending Christopher Paolini chooses.

The official summary from goodreads is as follows:
Not so very long ago, Eragon Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider, was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.
Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.
The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?
This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.


Yes, definitely much-anticipated. I'm looking forward to seeing this series wrap up.

Have you guys read this series? Are you going to read this upcoming one?


9 comments:

  1. LOL, I still need to read Brisingr first. Good choice though!

    Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students are so excited about this one's release. While I never read passed the first book, I will have to get this one to loan out for sure. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've been seeing this series all over the place. I haven't even started it yet. I should soon though.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to WoW...so glad you're participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy! your read, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Demijel, this is a series that's definitely worth checking into/ reading once if you love fantasy.

    Jan von Harz, thanks. I'm glad your students are excited about reading this novel.

    Giselle, You should start reading it. Like I told Demijel, it's worth looking into. And thanks for leaving your link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, thanks for the welcome. I'm also glad I'm participating.

    Tribute Books Mama, thanks. I'm excited at least. And as always thanks for leaving your link.


    Thanks everybody for commenting and leaving your links. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you havent read Delirium? shame on you! it is totally amazing holy molly!! read it asap!! =D

    thanks for stopping by! I really like your pick =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know. I know. I really should read it. It's on my list. Believe me, I know I need to read it.

    Just need to track it down somewhere other than a bookstore first, because if I use any money for books I'm going to starve this month. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)