Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WWW Wednesday (2)


W.W.W. Wednesdays is hosted by MizB.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


What am I currently reading?

I am currently reading Trueblood's Plight by E.S. Lark. This is a novel that unlike any other I've read before. I'm on page 70ish. This novel isn't told through a human's perspective, which doesn't quite match other books I've read. I was worried that would cause me not to like this novel. But so far, E.S. Lark is doing a great job of keeping my interest and writing in a compelling manner. I did receive this copy for review, fyi.  

For fantasy lovers, an interesting book to check out. It's self-published, but so far is good.

What did I recently finish?
I recently just finished Susane Colasanti's When It Happens (my Teaser Tuesday novel). This book isn't the cleanest book out there, but as I mentioned earlier it is super cute. I was drawn into the character's stories. Sarah and Tobey are characters I could easily relate to. I loved the writing style and the tone of the novel. The decision to switch between Tobey's and Sarah's novel was brilliant. A great read, but like I mentioned it swears frequently and references sex multiple times, so if that's not your cup of tea stay clear of When It Happens. A great read though.

What I plan on reading next?

I plan on reading On the Fringe by Courtney King Walker. I received this book two weeks ago from the newspaper organization that I professionally review novels for and was asked to review Walker's novel. I haven't got to reading it yet, but I received this novel early. I feel so cool. It officially is released today. Exciting.

A paranormal fantasy, young adult novel. Based off the synopsis, this novel is also different from the type of novels I typically read. I'm excited to branch out and see what this novel has to offer.


I'm also reviewing Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy. I received a free copy from the author. I've been looking forward to reviewing this novel, and as soon as I finish Trueblood's Plight, this novel is officially up.  







Well and that's what I'm reading right now.

Have you read any of these novels? If so, what did you think?

And as always, feel free to post your WWW Wednesday link in the comments section. I love seeing what you're reading.

Love,
Danica Page

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, they all sound interesting!


    Here's my WWW Wednesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting list. Trueblood's Plight sounds like a read I should check out as does On the Fringe. I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dairyofadomestic goddess,

    I'm glad they all sound interesting. I'm excited about all of them.

    Thanks for commenting and leaving your link.

    Robyn, I will be posting my review of Trueblood's Plight soon as well as On the Fringe, so be sure to come back and check them out if you'd like.

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently finished When It Happens, and I agree that the sex references could get a little awkward at times. However, it was overall a pretty cute book. On the Fringe looks really good. I love the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, I definitely agree. It could be awkward at times, but overall it was cute.

    On the Fringe's cover is definitely intriguing to say the least.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I have been looking forward to these reads for a while! I hope you enjoy!
    Here's Rae's WWW: http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/www-wednesdays-oct-19/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bookish,

    thanks for commenting. I'm glad you liked the books I chose, and as always thanks for leaving your link and for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)