Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blogger in Spotlight...Random and Booky!!!

This week I'm pleased to introduce Sara of Random and Booky!!! who will be starring in this week's Blogger in the Spotlight. Big welcome, Sara.

Sara's author spotlight:

Sara chose to spotlight Catherine Gilbert Murdock author of the Dairy Queen. She has published six distinct works. Murdock grew up in a small town in Connecticut. And now here is Sara's spotlight of her:

Well I like Catherine Gilbert Murdock because she is a very talented author, who has a beautiful writing style. My favorite series by her is Dairy Queen. I love how funny and original her stories were. They were so realistic you'd wish the characters and stuff were actually real (well I did anyway). I loved the way she put small morals and lessons about life in her books that really made you think. It really inspired me. Not to mention she's also from Connecticut like me!
Q & A with Sara:

Why do you love blogging?
I like blogging because it's something just fun to do. I like being able to write reviews for books I love (or hate) and have people check them out. Also I love how my writing skills have improved as I continue to blog. =)

How did you come up with the name Random and Booky?
Well when I created my blog I knew it had to have something that would say it has to do with books but also about other random stuff. Just to say it's not a 100% book blog. I have other random stuff in it. Plus I can be pretty random thus the name!

You seem to like a variety of books, but do you have a favorite genre?
Uh I really don't have a favorite genre. From time to time I might enjoy a certain one but I don't really have a favorite.Two qualities I love in a book that make it awesome are action and comedy. But basically I enjoy about anything except the books my teacher makes me read. I'm pretty sure there should be a genre called 'dull' just for those. I also don't like romance. I might read one once in a while if it's popular (and at my library) just to see what people love about it. Although I really end up not enjoying it a lot. The romance (especially the obsessed ones) just irritate me. If it's kinda on the side, like not the focus of the book I won't mind. Certain cases are exceptions.

You proudly display you are Muslim on your blog. Why do you do this?
Well mainly cause I am a Muslim and am proud of it. I love being able to share about religion too. Just to show that we Muslims are not the horrible people the media portrays us to be. I want to show I'm proud of my faith and am not afraid to show it, though I try not be too preachy (I hope). If people have a problem with it then oh well.

What is one of your favorite/most influential books?
The Dairy Queen trilogy by Catherine Gilbert Murdock without a doubt. Those books were in my opinion very inspiring. Each book had a different lesson you would learn without even realizing it. I learned some very important lessons about life from those books, not to mention how entertaining, funny and well written they were. I reread them and they're always just as great!
Another book I would find very influential was 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. The books had a very strong message about how your actions can really affect someones life and it was really moving. As creepy as it was I really liked it and did my best to become a better person.

Why did you decide to put your favorite songs on the blog?
Uh well I wanted to add a page and thought isn't everyone looking for a good song recommendation once in a while. So I just posted the songs.

You are familiar with five different languages. Why do you love studying language/ know so many languages?
Well English is my mother tongue so obviously I should know that. Urdu is what I speak at home with my mom. We went to India and kinda ended up living there for 2 years. There I learned to read Urdu at home from a tutor. I know Hindi and Punjabi because they were thought at the schools. Though I'm a little slow on Punjabi. I can only read Arabic because I read the Holy Qu'ran. I can't understand it. If you're wondering what's the point in reading the Qu'ran if I don't understand Arabic, I read the translation copy. I'm learning Spanish because when I came back to the US in 7th grade Spanish was mandatory and now in High School I have the chance to take a honors course in it, so in junior/senior year I can get college credits in Spanish.
What are you reading and what do you plan to read next?
I'm currently reading Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood. I think I might read The Daughter by Joanna Phiben or Sherlock Holmes.

Anything else you think readers should know about you?
I wear the hijab. I plan to take AP World History, AP English, AP Spanish and Calculus by junior/senior year. I don't like Science and really suck at it. I love the band Hot Chelle Rae. I'm not a girly girl. I could care less about make up and clothes and all that stuff. I am one of those really positive people but am very sarcastic. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up but am leaning towards a lawyer. If you haven't noticed I'm also very talkative. Yeah, I think that's about it.

 Well that's all for this week's Blogger in the Spotlight. Thanks Sara for participating. Be sure to check out Sara's Random and Booky!!!.

Also, if you're interested in being spotlighted, please see the Blogger in the Spotlight page.
Love,
Danica Page 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome interview! Already a follower of you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)