Saturday, November 5, 2011

Book Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Yes! I got Crossed and stayed up way too late reading it last night!

Crossed
by Ally Condie
Average Rating: 3.81
Pages: 384

As always before I get into my description, here is what goodreads has to say:




The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy.
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I'd like to start by saying that I liked Matched, the first in the series. Most people I know did; however, I have got several comments on my Matched people who thought Matched wasn't that great.

I loved the writing style and plot in Matched. So when I read Crossed, I was praying I would like it, so I could justify liking Matched.

I absolutely loved this book. It might have been a little slow. But throughout the novel I could feel the tension and excitement. I was so anxious for Ky and Cassia to reunite that I kept flipping page after page waiting for that to happen. This led to some of the tension I felt...I don't know if had anything to do with the writing or not, or if it was just my own heart beating faster and faster.

This novel thickened the plot so much. So many new unanswered questions have popped into my head. The first novel centered mainly on the romance. This one focuses on the society and their corruption, romance, and so much more.

This novel was clearly a bridge novel between book one and what I assume will be her third book. With an ending like this one, there has to be a third book.  However, most bridge novels leave me disappointed and longing for more. This what not the case with Crossed, I really truly did like this book.

Also, in this novel we're introduced to some kick-but characters. Loved the whole cast in this novel. I would say more, but I don't want to give anything away. Just know there is an all-star cast.

In Summary: A great book that I would recommend to anybody and am so glad I bought. I'd definitely re-read this one.

Warnings/Side-notes: None, this book is a cute, clean read.

The Wrap-up: I can't wait for the next installment in this series. It will hopefully come out soon!


Love,
Danica Page

Up next: Bitter Blessings by Christine Mehring

3 comments:

  1. ohhh jealous!! I really liked Matched and I have been waiting for this one!

    Amy @ Following The Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good. Get it as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for you review of Reached but I think you haven't read it yeat, right? Uhmm. My favorite is the first book :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)