Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Book Review: Fade by Lisa McMann

As I have previously mentioned, somebody told me they wanted me to read the Wake series on my facebook page and so I did.


Fade (Dream Catcher #2)
by Lisa McMann
Average Rating:3.95
Pages: 248

Goodreads lacked a good description of this novel, so I went to Lisa McMann's site to find her summary of her novel.



For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open--but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability. And it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a Dream Catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd even feared...



My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.
My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I've heard such good things about this series and I was expecting this novel to be amazing. After reading the first one, I was really excited how to see how the story progressed. I felt like this novel didn't meet my expectations and didn't live up to the first novel. However, as a whole this novel was still a good read. I probably wouldn't read this series again, it is definitely worth checking out.

I loved the characters Janie and Cabel and I love her unique writing style. It's definitely a well-written book. I can't criticize the writing style or the character development or even the plot development now that I think of it.

Something in this novel just didn't click for me. I don't know what it was to be honest. I wanted to like this novel, and I did. But I didn't love it.
In Summary: A great novel that most people really love, but for some reason something just didn't click with me to give it a rating about a 3. I did really enjoy this novel, but just lacked that wow factor for me to really love it.
Warnings/Side-notes: Definitely not a clean book. It's not a filthy book, but definitely wouldn't recommend it to those who are overly-sensitive. This book didn't swear that much, but the f word was used on occasion. This book talks about drug usage, sexual predators, and  contains references to sex. It wasn't explicit, but these things are here.

This book was slightly offensive in some parts, but overall an entertaining and compelling read.

The Wrap-up: I feel like overall this review has had a negative tone-which is not what I intended. This is a great novel that I definitely recommend to those who aren't set off by books that aren't squeaky clean. Don't get me wrong.
This book is well-written and I enjoyed it.
Have you read this book? And if so, what did you think?

Love,
Danica Page

Up next: Gone by Lisa McMann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)