Saturday, November 19, 2011

In My Mailbox (7)

Hello, this is my seventh week being involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the week.


This week I actually went to the library,  and actually bought books from the bookstore so I once again received a lot of books this week. I'm way excited about this week.


Books I Bought:
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. I don't have time to reread the following three novels so I'm really hoping that I'm not too lost while reading this and that the information from previous novels will come back to mind.

I remember loving this series when I was in my early teen years, and I'm excited to see how he FINALLY ends the series.




I'm also very excited about FINALLY reading the book that I've been wanting to read since May. I've mentioned that my guilty pleasure when it comes to reading is Christian Romantic Suspense.

I've loved every single book I've read in this genre and I especially love the author Irene Hannon. I've blogged about her before and well nothing has changed since then. I love her.  I finally bought Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon. Can't wait until I can read this one!


I've had a friend tell me that I should check out this author , Traci Hunter Abramson for a very long time and I finally did. Traci writes Christian Romantic Suspense  through an LDS lens. Like I mentioned my friend loved this author, so I'm excited to see if I like her writing style.

The first novel I bought from her was Freefall. I'm so excited to read this one. It's reminiscent to Dee Henderson and Irene Hannon's novels which I loved, so I really sincerely hope that I'll like this one too. It's a novel about Navy Seals and I loved Henderson's novels about Navy Seals so I hope I'll like this one too.

The cover is not quite what I expected it to look like, but I'm still excited and have high hopes about his one.

The next one I got by Traci is called Undercurrents. This one is about an Olympic swimmer (I'm a swimmer/lifeguard/swim instructor in the summer, so yeah perfect fit).

Yet another romantic suspense meaning I'm pretty excited. Forbidden romance, danger, intrigue, sounds like I'm really going to like this one. I just really hope it is written well. This novel is an lds-fiction/christian fiction novel.

And well that's all I bought this week.


Books I got from the library:

I picked most of these up simply because while perusing at the library the title, then the cover, then the synopsis caught my eye.

Supernaturally by Kiersten White. I loved Parnormacly and have to know what happens next...naturally I immediately went to the library to pick this up. What else would I have done? Really excited to read this one.

I loved the characters and am interested in seeing what happens to them. Also random fact of the day, Kiersten White graduated from the college I'm currently attending.
Steel by Carrie Vaughn...I've heard great things about this book. Plus that's a pretty fierce looking heroine on the cover. With a tagline that reads A smashbuckling tale of magic, romance, and pirates, what's not to like?

I've only read a few novels about pirates, but pirates are pretty spectacular so I have high hopes.
Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman. I vaguely remember being told that this book is incredible, plus the cover looked great and well that cinched it. It seems to be some type of retelling of Persephone...Greek mythology?

Now I have to read it. Looks like it should be really good.  Needless to say I'm excited to read this one too.
Soul Searching by Shannon Guymon. I have professionally review a book of hers (It was the first official book review I wrote for work :) ) and since this is a companion novel to that book I want to read it.

I have for some time and just haven't got around to it yet. I finally tracked it down and checked it out because I want to read it. Another LDS fiction novel.

Books I received for review:

Only received one book for review this week. It's another nonfiction book in the inspirational religious category entitled Completely Whole by Paulette Harper.

It should be an interesting read. I love Christian fiction, but usually shy away from the nonfiction religious/inspirational books, but it should be interesting to say the least. This review won't be posted for awhile due to all the books I've been asked to review as of late; however, I'm finally catching up. So to those who have been waiting on me to post a review of your novel, I should be getting to it soon hopefully. I'm planning on knocking out quite a few novels over the break.
Like I said, I was pretty excited about the books I got this week. And that's all for me.

What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments.

~Danica Page

7 comments:

  1. Awesome IMM! I haven't read Paranormalcy but I've hear it's great!
    Enjoy your new books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sagacity Quest, I liked Paranormalcy at least.

    And I definitely will enjoy reading my new books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I really still need to read Eragon first.. I hear the series is fantastic :)

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I just finished Paranormalcy tonight actually and it was a lot of fun! Can't wait to read Supernaturally!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a Lil Lost, it's definitely a series worth checking out. Thanks for leaving a link.

    Giselle, I just finished Supernaturally so we're definitely on the same page. My review of Supernaturally was just posted. I loved it, but I didn't like it as much as the first one. However, I'm still excited to read the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great books! I hope you enjoy reading them this week!

    I found you via the IMM linky. I’m a new follower :)
    Rachel Brooks Writes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the follow Rachel Brooks and thanks for leaving your link! Great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)