Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Books that Elicited Strong Emotional Reactions

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Alright, here we go for this week it's Ten Books that I had Strong Emotions Over:

10.  Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr--this book had some beautifully written passages that made my literary quote book. I really related to the idea of the girl on the wave. I liked the passage that basically said there's always an outstretched hand ready to pull us up, but it's up to us to take it. This book was just so beautifully written.

9. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson--This book is one that transcends the line between reality and fiction. I loved this book and had such a strong reaction to it. This book literally made me cry.

8.Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson--Yes, she's on the list twice. Basically, a ton of her books have elicited strong emotions. This one beautifully touches upon anorexia and several other issues that teenagers face. Great book.

7. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams--Powerful, Powerful book. I love love love this book. A great look at a culture very different than most of ours. Another book that made me want to cry.

6. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevesky--This book made my heart race until I thought I'd have a heart attack. It made my heart slow down until I wondered if it would stop beating. It had me screaming out loud. A great great great book.

5. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen--Who hasn't swooned over Darcy at one point in their live? Some might not admit it, but most have. A beautifully written book that had me smiling and falling head over heels.

4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling--Who hasn't dreamed of receiving their admissions letter to Hogwarts? J.K. Rowling redefined the fantasy genre. Loved loved these books. They had me laughing, crying, blushing bright read, and basically any emotion you can think of.

3. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell--One of my earliest posts was about Margaret Mitchell...so yeah definitely on my mind. I loved Gone with the Wind. The ending...no idea what to feel. It made me so mad, tears were literally streaming down my face.

2. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy--During my early teens, this book was one of my all-time favorites. It is so romantic and just such a cute novel. I loved this book. Definitely recommended, even if you don't like classics, read this.

1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy--I stared how loving Anna Karenina, then I pitied her, then I was aggravated with her, then I hated her, and finally I just pitied her. Any book that can make me feel so many passionate emotions about one character is good. I loved Kit and Levin's story/characters. And I loved the character Dolly, such an incredible character. This book made me so angry, and then so happy, and then so sad, and....the emotions this book made me feel are endless.

Those were the first ten that came to mind. I was practically half-and-half with classics and YA books. That's not a coincidence. People don't think a person could love Russian Lit and YA novels. All I have to say is, I do.

Have you read these books what did you think? What are your ten books you reacted emotionally to? Leave your link in the comments?

Love,
Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)