Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Alright some of the books on this list I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read, but don't judge too harshly. Most of them are going to be classics, because if I own a YA novel or my guilty pleasure Christian Fiction novel it's going to be consumed...er...read immediately.
10. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux-After watching the movie years and years ago, I decided I wanted to read the book. Read thirty pages and then just stopped reading...something that rarely happens. I really need to read this. It's clearly going to be a lot different than the movie, but I'm still determined to knock this novel off my to-read list.
9. The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf-I love Virginia Woolf. Somebody please tell me why I haven't read this!
8. The Bleak House by Charles Dickens-I loved the series on this and am dying to read this I just haven't had time yet.
7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen- I loved Jan Austen. I bought the complete works of Jane Austen and haven't read this one yet. Gasp! I must fix that sooner rather than later.
6. The Last of the Mohicans By James Fenimore Cooper- My dad bought this for me and really I've been meaning to read it. I just haven't attempted to yet, but I will I promise.
5. Mainstreet by Sinclair Lewis-I own a really old version of this novel and have been meaning to read it and well I just haven't.
4. The Art of War by Sun Tzu- I've read pages here and there, but haven't actually finished this yet. One of my really good friends gave this book to me for my birthday and well yeah I need to finish.
3. The Heartkeepers by N.R. Searcy- I received this book for review awhile ago and haven't got to it yet. :( But luckily it is next on my list. And I'm going to start it tomorrow and hopefully finish it by Friday at latest. So :). I promise I will have read three of my to-review books by Tuesday (that's the day before my sister's wedding).
2. Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston- My sister told me I needed to read this book three years ago and well it's still sitting on my shelf. Fail. I really need to read this. African-American Lit is a genre I really need to brush up on.
1. Parzival by Wolfram von Eschenbach-Thirteenth century German medieval romance. My dad also bought this novel for me and I have yet to read it. Definitely should get to that sooner rather than later.
Yes, most of these were classics, so I hope I didn't bore you guys too much. But honestly these all sound like great books...I just need to actually read them now. Tell you what by the end of the month I will have read at least two of these. Then I won't feel quite as bad. :)
Which books have you been meaning to read, but just haven't read yet? As always feel free to comment/leave links below.
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)