Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books that have been on my Shelf Forever

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Alright some of the books on this list I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read, but don't judge too harshly. Most of them are going to be classics, because if I own a YA novel or my guilty pleasure Christian Fiction novel it's going to be consumed...er...read immediately.

10. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux-After watching the movie years and years ago, I decided I wanted to read the book. Read thirty pages and then just stopped reading...something that rarely happens. I really need to read this. It's clearly going to be a lot different than the movie, but I'm still determined to knock this novel off my to-read list.

9. The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf-I love Virginia Woolf. Somebody please tell me why I haven't read this!

8. The Bleak House by Charles Dickens-I loved the series on this and am dying to read this I just haven't had time yet.

7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen- I loved Jan Austen. I bought the complete works of Jane Austen and haven't read this one yet. Gasp! I must fix that sooner rather than later.

6. The Last of the Mohicans By James Fenimore Cooper- My dad bought this for me and really I've been meaning to read it. I just haven't attempted to yet, but I will I promise.

5. Mainstreet by Sinclair Lewis-I own a really old version of this novel and have been meaning to read it and well I just haven't.

4. The Art of War by Sun Tzu- I've read pages here and there, but haven't actually finished this yet. One of my really good friends gave this book to me for my birthday and well yeah I need to finish.

3. The Heartkeepers by N.R. Searcy- I received this book for review awhile ago and haven't got to it yet. :( But luckily it is next on my list. And I'm going to start it tomorrow and hopefully finish it by Friday at latest. So :). I promise I will have read three of my to-review books by Tuesday (that's the day before my sister's wedding).

2. Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston- My sister told me I needed to read this book three years ago and well it's still sitting on my shelf. Fail. I really need to read this. African-American Lit is a genre I really need to brush up on.

1. Parzival by Wolfram von Eschenbach-Thirteenth century German medieval romance. My dad also bought this novel for me and I have yet to read it. Definitely should get to that sooner rather than later.

Yes, most of these were classics, so I hope I didn't bore you guys too much. But honestly these all sound like great books...I just need to actually read them now. Tell you what by the end of the month I will have read at least two of these. Then I won't feel quite as bad. :)

Which books have you been meaning to read, but just haven't read yet? As always feel free to comment/leave links below.


Love,
Danica Page

6 comments:

  1. I read Bleak House last year. I liked parts and didn't like parts... thought I LOVED the movie. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their Eyes Were Watching God is definitely recommended. Hurston's memoir Dust Tracks on a Road is also very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Northanger Abbey is my favurite Austen! :) Phantom of the Opera is pretty great too. :)
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suey, thanks for ocmmenting. Definitely need to read Bleak House.

    E.L. Fay, I will definitely have to check that novel out. Thanks for commenting.

    Diaryofadomesticgoddess, I will definitely have to read that Austen novel then. Thanks for leaving a link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to read The Phantom of the Opera, and it didn't really work out so well for me either. What can I say? The beginning, at least, paled in comparison to the musical. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, I totally get where you are coming from. It definitely paled compared to the musical...however, I'm still determined to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)