Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Book blog tour: Masquerade by Cambria Hebert


Masquerade
by Cambria Hebert
(Heven and Hell, #1)
Received for Review
Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy
Goodreads Average Rating: 4.65
Paperback


Well Cambria's novel comes out on December 16th and she has asked me if I would be part of her blog tour. Yesterday's post can be found here and tomorrow's blog tour post can be found here. For more information feel free to visit Cambria's site.

And now here is my review of the book.

Here is the summary available on Goodreads:

Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn’t haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I’m a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can’t remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can’t shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching.

Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realize that I don’t know anything. He makes me see that my scars don’t matter. That they never mattered. I can’t help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved.

***

Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there – I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws - her frailties - to become much more.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions:  From the moment I started reading this book, I was hooked. I loved the character Heven. I found her story intriguing and wanted to see what happened to her. I liked the idea of a really popular girl having a strange accident that she doesn't remember. She used to be popular and then after her accident and has a distorted face and now only has one friend.

The fall from popularity and her struggle to find herself in the midst of tragedy was poignant and moving.

Also, Sam had jut enough bad boy in him to keep me interested. I really liked Same as a character and loved his relationship with Heven. The romance was well-written and well-developed.

I already reviewed two short stories by this author and gushed over her writing style...this novel was no exception. Her writing was beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. A paranormal romance novel with a lot of suspense blended into it. I haven't read a paranormal novel quite like this one. I know there are some novels like this out there, but I haven't read any like this. It was nice and refreshing. Definitely comes highly recommended.


In Summary: An incredible novel with a refreshing writing style, compelling characters, and an engaging plot line that I love.

Warnings/Side-notes: Minor violence/sex references, but nothing that I found offensive.


The Wrap-up: A great novel that I loved reading. Definitely recommended. I love this writer and will definitely  be keeping taps on her.
Happy reading and enjoy the blog tour!

Love,

Danica Page

Up next: What happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen


6 comments:

  1. woot woot!!! Thank YOU for the awesometastic review! I love me some 5 stars!!! Thank you for your time and thought you put into your review. I truly appreciate your time.
    Its fab to have you part of the Heven and Hell tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cambria, I'm so glad you liked the review. You are most welcome.

    @Heidi, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, and a great review. :D

    Alexandra~
    http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review and format. I enjoyed my visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexandra Lanc, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

    FABR Steph, thanks I'm glad you liked my format.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)