Monday, December 5, 2011

Musing Monday (7)

Hello Readers,

This is my seventh week involved in the weekly blogging meme Musing Mondays, hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's musing asks:

How many books do you read in a week? Month? Year?


Lately, I've been averaging about 4/5 new (haven't read before) books a week, but really it just depends on the week. As for a month I usually average about 20/30 new books a month. And for the past three years, I've read 130, 138, and right now I'm at 136  new books. However, sometimes if I'm sick, stressed, or bored that weekly word count can double. This week for example I read eight books in three days.

The amount of books I read a year has been dramatically increasing. This year I can safely say that I'm reading more books than ever because a) I'm actually blogging about books and am more involved in the book world, b) I review books professionally/for fun for three sites and c) I'm reviewing a ton of books for this blog and so have forced deadlines so I can read more.

I'm a college student taking 17 credit hours, working as a freelance journalist, actively involved with editing academic journals, heavily involved with service and church, blogging, reviewing, reading, doing my own fiction writing, and attempting to have a social life and still get at least six hours of sleep.

Yes, I stay busy and arguably don't have time to read as much as I do, but reading keeps me sane. I have to read or else I'd be absolutely stressed. Reading is my escape and my method of relaxation. Any free chance I get, I'm reading or writing.


What about you? How many books do you guys read a week, month, year? As always feel free to leave your link in the comments section.



~Danica Page

5 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly how many each week or month, I usually average about 35-45 books during the course of the year, but it looks like I will get about 50 books done this year, which for me is huge, as I have been wanting to get to this goal for quite sometime.

    Here is my Musing Monday posting: http://jaynesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/musing-mondays-dec5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! It's tough trying to really figure out how much we read when it changes so often. My number definitely fluctuates! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/12/musing-mondays-and-reckoning-by-lili-st.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You accomplish a lot, Danica! I don't read quite that many, but my totals have increased in the past two years. And I track my reading on one of my blogs.

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Melissa, fifty still is a lot of books especially compared to how much most people read. Congrats on reading 50! Thanks for leaving your link.

    @Diaryofadomesticgoddess, congrats and great post. I already checked it out.

    @Amy, thanks. It is tought figuring out how much you read, because it definitely fluctuates. Thanks for leaving your link.

    @Creations by Laurel, thanks I'm glad you think I accomplish a lot, because somedays I wonder if I accomplished anything. Congrats on the increase in total. And however many books you read personally, that is great. Thanks for leaving your link.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)