Monday, December 12, 2011

Musing Mondays (8)

Hello Readers,



This is my eighth week involved in the weekly blogging meme Musing Mondays, hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's musing asks:



I once knew a man who read about WWII. He read everything he could get his hands on on the subject. He had a whole wall of books that were all about WWII. It amazed me. How could he continue to find one subject that engrossing? My mother, on the other hand, loves to read best sellers. I’ve known other people who read science fiction to the exclusion of everything else; for others it was philosophy, self-help, or history.
So, to the questions…
What kind of books do you like to read?  Why? Provide specific examples.
I love to read Christian Romantic Suspense. I always have and I always will. I read some by Dee Henderson and that was when I was hooked. Her writing was incredible, and that became my guilty pleasure in terms of reading.

However, suspense is golden. Anything mystery/suspense is great, but I do love to have my romance mixed in. I don't care if it's subtle, I just like to see it there. But mystery without romance is good too.
I love reading fantasy, this was a love that started when I read Magic Treehouse as a child. I've read so many fantasy books that I've lost track. Harry Potter, Tamora Pierce's books, Lord of the Rings, Artemis Fowl, the Inheritance series, etc.
I also love contemporary fiction as well. Dessen, Foreman, Echols, Cabot etc.
But honestly, I love reading anything fiction. I will read anything YA.

I also absolutely adore anything written before 1930. Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice,  Persuasuion, Anna Karenina, Crime and Punishment, anything Dickens, Russian, Austen-ish...I love anything that is a literary masterpiece. I'm about to tackle War and Peace wish me luck.

What about you? What types of books do you guys like to read. As always feel free to leave your link in the comments section.


~Danica Page

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like we have similar reading taste I too am a YA fan! Here is my MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna, thanks for commenting. YA is pretty spectacular. Thanks for leaving your link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I see we like some of the same authors. I like the classics too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JC Jones, you are most welcome. Yes the classics are pretty incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The classics always make for enjoyable reads!

    Thanks for stopping by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. suspense is on my list, but I like to keep the romance part at a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Aeicha, I'm glad that you also enjoy the classics. And you are welcome!

    @Kikifitz, suspense is definitely good...but I do like my romance tied in. A little difference in reading taste that way. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! But I don't read classic like Jane Austen though. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your reading sounds eclectic, and that's wonderful. I'm hoping to broaden my reading horizons this next year. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love mysteries! :)

    I also read a couple of fantasies. I have the Inheritance series (minus the last book) of which I only read Eragon and I love it and hope to finish the entire series. :)

    I'm also challenging myself to up my reading of classic literature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The classics are always a welcome read. But yeah my thing is YA and Magic and Paranormal Romance. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Mermer, thanks. Classics aren't for everybody that's for sure.

    @Creations by Laurel Rain-Snow, yes my reading is ecletic. :) Good luck broadening your reading interests.

    @Wuthering Willow, you are welcome and thanks for stopping by.

    @jerikavonalexandra, good luck with your challenge to reading classics and it sounds like you've got great taste.

    @Amy, definitely agree with you. Classics are great, but YA are incredible. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)