Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (11)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly blogging meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anybody can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.Be careful not to include spoilers. You don't want to give the book away or ruin the book for others.Share author and title (and page number) so others can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser.
This week I'm currently reading The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This book has been featured on a ton of my weekly meme posts lately so sorry for those who actually few all of my memes, but the teaser quote is worth looking at even if you already have seen a lot of posts about this book. :)

And here is the summary from Goodreads:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.


And now here is my Teaser (this one really is a teaser for me, I'm only on page 5, but I do love when characters have a sense of humor so this does sound promising.)

"I'll just leave my hat with the footman," said Jace.
Madame Dorthea shot him a dark look. "If you were half as funny as you thought you were, my boy, you'd be twice as funny as you are."
~pg 102

That is a great line. Definitely excited to read this one. Especially since I swear that everybody else has already read it.

What about you guys? What are you currently reading? Feel free to leave your link to your Teaser Tuesday. I love reading your comments and seeing what you're reading.

Love,

Danica Page

21 comments:

  1. I have awarded you blog with the Liebster Blog Award, check out my site to see the instructions.

    http://karlacc-bookaddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book! Heck I loved the whole series! I hope you enjoy it as well.

    Here is my Teaser for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only person left who hasn't read this series? I see it everywhere but I have never given it much thought, I don't know why. I think I will finally look into getting this series and giving it a shot :) Excellent teaser!

    Tiffany (new follower!)
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I'm not a fan of these books, but thanks for sharing. :)

    I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Follow the link for instructions: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-am-liebster-award-winner.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this book and need to get back to the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Karla, thanks so much.

    @Gwenny, I'm glad you loved this book. I hope I do too. Thanks for leaving your link.

    @Tiffany, That's exactly what happened to me. I'm glad you liked me teaser and thanks for the follower.

    @Alexandra, I don't know if I'm a fan or not yet as I haven't actually read them yet. :) Thanks for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nise', I'm glad you liked this book. I have heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I LOVE this series and Jace has some hilarious quotes.

    Thanks For Visiting My Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love TMI. They are my all time faves! Great teaser. Thanks for the visit and Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved this book, hope you are enjoying the series. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    I love this book, I'm currently on the second one, I would've finished it by now, if I didn't have to give it back to the library and re-request it.
    Great teaser, there are a lot of funny quotes in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE TMI. Such a great series. So is her TID series.

    Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an awesome quote (and teaser)! This is definitely on my list. They had the series at Target, well-priced, and after all I've heard of it I was sorely tempted to just go for it, but I figured I should read the first one before buying all of them. Sigh. On my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jennifer, I thought I was going to like Jace from that teaser. Gotta love a sense of humor.

    @LibrarySnake, you're welcome.

    @Sonny, thanks for liking my teaser and thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked the series.

    @Boriquaz, you are most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jennifer, I thought I was going to like Jace from that teaser. Gotta love a sense of humor.

    @LibrarySnake, you're welcome.

    @Sonny, thanks for liking my teaser and thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked the series.

    @Boriquaz, you are most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Nazish0151, good luck finishing the series.

    @Amanda, you are most welcome. Thanks for commenting.

    @Shannon, this is why I can't look at books on target...I always spend too much money. I've heard it's worth reading and buying.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woot! Glad you are finally reading these :) City of Glass is the best one, though. <3 (A) Great teaser ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my teaser. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this line! :)
    Don't give up reading this series because of the horrid ending! OK!!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, here's the one person who hasn't read it.. but after that line - which made me literally laugh out loud - I think I'll have to! Great teaser!

    ~Keely~
    Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL great teaser! Hahah I absolutely loved this one. And the series! Jace is awesome <3 (As are everyone else!)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)