Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Books I want to Give as Gifts

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Alright I've decided to continue my theme of picking books that I feel like not enough people have read or ones that are simply too-good not to have read.

10. Divergent by Veronica Roth


This book came out in May of this year and so it's still fairly new. I read and loved this book. I reviewed this for two places and each time I reviewed this book I remembered more things that I loved about it. Definitely a great gift for all those who love YA Dystopian novels.


9. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund


I love this author and not nearly enough people have heard of her. I love her books and her writing style. This is a sci-fi, adventure,  young adult romantic novel that I loved.

8. Changing my Wardrobe by Deb Hanrahan


I received this one for review and I absolutely loved this one. This is a beautiful tale of growing up, facing bullies,and accepting who you are. An incredible book. My review is here and my interview with her is here.

7. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr



I loved loved this book too. I was hesitant to read this one after reading the synopsis, but what was I thinking. This is a beautiful book from an extremely talented author who more people should read.  A great book about love, loss, and growing up.

6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini


A beautiful book. Definitely not a book for everybody (because some would be offended by it), but one that I think everybody should read. A beautiful beautiful book that I loved. My thoughts on this book are here.

5. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay


A very sad book, but also a beautiful and uplifting book. This book detailed an event in history that I had never heard about and since I consider myself a history buff...I was stunned. Once again my post on this book is here.

4. You are Special by Max Lucado



Yes this is a picture book, but one that everybody should read. Yes, everybody. It has a great moral message, the paintings are cute, and it is simply great. Especially fitting for this holiday season.

3. Night by Elie Wiesel



I read this in my high school and it really opened my eyes. A great read that everybody should read. Yes, it's another Holocaust book, but we can't just brush over that even and forget it happened. It is really important that we understand what happened...and this book depicts what happened really well. Also try The Book Thief, The Hiding Place, and Number the Stars (children's book). They are all great.

2. Wings of Refuge by Lynn Austin



The points brought up in this book have stuck with me ever since I finished reading it over a year ago. I still can remember the entire plot of this novel and the way it made me feel. This book is powerful and moving...and eye-opening. This book made me realize the struggles in the Middle East and helped me understand the problem. Definitely wroth reading.


1. The Little Princess by Francis Hodgson Burnett


This is such an inspirational book. I loved loved loved this book. It's a timeless piece that everybody should read.

Well that's all for my post. Those are the ten books I want to give as gifts, because everybody should read them.

 What about you guys? What ten books do you want to give as gifts?

Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I love seeing what you guys pick as well as reading your comments.

Love,

Danica Page

13 comments:

  1. It seems like Divergent made it on everybody's list! And that makes me so happy. Such a great book, as are the rest of them. Great gift list.

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have only read Divergent from this list! *goes to add to TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Academy 7 and I agree, it's great and not enough people know about it. And for once I wish this book would be the start of a series.
    And I also agree that people should read the Kite Runner. An amazing and heart-wrenching book.

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nikki, Divergent does seem really popular. It is such a good book, you are right about that. Thanks for the link.

    @Tara, I can't believe you haven't heard of Divergent yet. It is so good.

    @Nimue, I know. I keep hoping Academy 7 will be a series, even still. Kite-Runer, ah how I love that book. Thanks for leaving your link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Story of a Girl sounds very good. (I wonder...am I really looking for gift ideas for others...or myself?!)

    Here's my Top Ten Books I Want to Give as Gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Everyone is wanting to give Divergent as a gift. I would have if I have found a good used copy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Divergent is a must-read! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-H0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm pretty sure you're the first person I've come across who hasn't put Hunger Games on their list!! Academy 7 sounds great :) I'm adding it to my list!!

    I'm a new follower!!
    http://flippingthroughthepages00.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, and I just noticed that you're a freelance journalist/studying journalism! So am I!! I'm in my second year as of February :D Could I ask what country you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Deb, I loved Story of a Girl and good question looking for gifts for others or for yourself...I'm guilty of both. :) Thanks for leaving your link.

    @Kristina, you are most welcome. Yeah it is fairly expensive.

    @RockyRiverTeenlibrarian, thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

    @Tanieka, Hunger Games is good, but I feel like everybody has it by now. And yes Academy 7 rocks. Thanks for the follow and welcome aboard fellow freelance journalist. I'm from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 'Divergent' on my Nook to be read but just can't get it started. Hopefully soon! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this list!

    P/S I am your new follower =3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Nikki you are right, Divergent is such a great book, the best i ever read for this year.I was blown away by the incredible story of this dystopian society.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)