Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blogger in the Spotlight...Kindred Dreamheart

This week I'm pleased to introduce Katrina of Kindred Dreamheart who will be starring in this week's Blogger in the Spotlight.

Big welcome,  Katrina.


Katrina's author spotlight:

I decided to feature Suzanne Collins because the Hunger Games was so expertly written, infused with emotion and a spark of awesomeness. I just had to know more about the author behind the fiction. “The Blogger Spotlight” gave me just the excuse and motivation to analyze her resume. Suzanne Collins’ official biography states that she’s been writing professionally since the early 1990’s. She began her career writing scripts for children’s television and is most noted for her contributions to hit Nickelodeon shows Clarissa Explains it All and The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. Collins has also penned episodes for the preschool level shows Little Bear and Oswald.

From co-writing the critically acclaimed specials, Head Writing for Scholastic Entertainment’s books, to working on a Kids WB shows, it’s no wonder how she got talent to write the phenomenal tale of the Hunger Games trilogy. This project must have been a ticking time bomb for her. I didn’t realize before writing this article that I’ve adored Collins before Katniss. Seriously, I’ve followed, AND LOVED, every project she’d had a hand in since the beginning of her career. The only thing “Suzanne Collins” I’m not familiar with is her five-part fantasy/​war series, The Underland Chronicles. I think that’s only because it’s a elementary/middle grade series and I’m a 20-something married professional. I’m sure if I had little ones, I would be a subject matter expert of all things that is her work. Collins currently lives in Connecticut with her family and adopted kittens.
More information on Suzanne Collins can be found here: http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/
Q & A with Kindred Dreamheart:

How long have you been blogging?

My very first post was May 17, 2011, so I’ve been blogging less than a year. 

Why do you love blogging?

It’s like my little online journal that I can access and update anywhere.  And share, of course!  I enjoy sharing my opinions with others who share the same hobby and love of reading.  In the fashion aspect, this allows me to post my updates or ideas to a client’s project, while showing other potential clients my effective work habits.

Why did you name your blog/fashion line Kindred Dreamheart?

I’ve always been a dreamer, and that has not changed with age. There are a lot of people who let their dreams wither when life takes over, such as marriage, children, a job that pays the bills, health, etc.  My blog is a reminder that even though I didn’t initially follow my dream, it’s not dead.  I still design whenever I get a break in my daily hustle and bustle.  My designs for my line tend to be very elegant and whimsical.  I design for females that even if it’s for one night, they can look like the princess they’ve always dreamed of being.  

What do you love about being a freelance fashion designer?

I enjoy being my own boss.  I get to choose whether to accept or reject assignments.  I also get to choose my wages.  My success depends on me.

What made you want to go in the Army? How long did you serve with the Army?

I made my own clothes and sewed for profit, even back in high school, but I was an adrenaline junkie.  I played every sport in high school except basketball (I’m short, lol).  I was S1 of the AJROTC department, so the military was a no brainer for me.  I served 10 years.

What is your favorite genre?

My favorite is young adult and paranormal romance.  It’s a tie and I can’t pick one over the other. 

What is your favorite thing to design?

Oh, I love, love, love a formal gown.  The longer the better and I love trains even if it’s not on a wedding dress.  Another of my absolute favorites is petticoats.  I go crazy over tulle.

What book do you think more people should read?

Books of Faith- If you are a Christian, Muslin, Hindu, Jewish, etc.  I think it is very important if you are a lover of books to read the book of your faith at least once in your lifetime.  You’d be surprised by how many people go to, say Church every Sunday, and never get to EVERY story in the Bible.  I just think that’s vital, that while you’re reading everything else to slip in a scripture or two.   

What are you currently reading and what are you going to read next?

I’m currently reading Blood Warrior, by H.D. Gordon.  My next read will be The Angels are here (Book1) by Patti Roberts.

Anything else you think readers should know about you?

I love skittles, gummy bear vitamins, and beef jerky.  I could live off of chips and dip.  I may be out of the military, but I still wake up at 4 am, do push ups, sit ups and run before getting ready for work.  I absolutely do not look my age, and I enjoy getting carded.    
Well that's all for this week's Blogger in the Spotlight. Thanks Katrina for participating. 
Be sure to check out Katrina's blog, Kindred Dreamheart.

Also, if you're interested in being spotlighted, please see the Blogger in the Spotlight page. Also, I have a ton of spots open for spotlights, so please email me if you're interested.
Love,
Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)