Monday, January 16, 2012

In My Mailbox (11)


Hello, this is my eleventh week involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the week.

Well I went to the library and received some books for review in the mail and in my email. So yeah it was a very good week for getting books.

 Books I borrowed from the library:














1. Evermore by Alyson Noel- I've heard so many good things about this book and series, so I finally decided to give it a shot. I'm about halfway through and so far it is so good. The cover is really pretty too. I love the red tulips on the cover.



2. The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum- I've heard great things about this one as well and so I was really happy to get my hands on it. The cover is so intriguing.


3. Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison- I saw a review of this on somebody's blog and I was really intrigued. The boy on the cover looks so into her (plus he doesn't have a shirt on) and she's just staring there looking into space (practically staring right at you). Plus leaves are falling around them and there in a boat....basically between that review and the cover I'm excited to read this one.



4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater- I accidentally read half of the sequel before realizing it was the sequel. Have I meantioned how much I hate doing that? The whole time I'm sitting there going wow why wasn't there a novel before this. I then texted my friend who recommended it to me. Are you sure this is the right one? She said yes and then I finally figured out how wrong I was...and yeah I'm giving this a second chance because I've heard such good things about it.



5. Hourglass by Claudia Gray- I read the other two in the series and just didn't get around to reading this one yet. I figured it was probably about time. I remember most of what happened and if I wait much longer I'll forget everything, so yeah about time I get to this one.


6. Under the Never Sky by Veronic Rossi-It's a debut novel of 2012, just released a little while ago and I've been pining over this. When I saw this at the library, I squealed which caused several people to stare at me, but I'm so excited about this.


7. Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray- I also this reviewed on somebody's blog and it sounded  good, plus I love Hamlet. So I'm excited to read this one. 




Books I received for review:

These are not listed in order that I received them and will not reflect the order in which they will be reviewed.


1. The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges- This is also a 2012 debut novel. I received this from Lisa and Tara as part of tthe DAC Tour today. I'm really excited to read this one. It looks so good. It's about Russia and I'm so glad that I get to read it.

2. Promising Light by Emily Ann Ward- I recieved this for review and will be participating in the blog tour on February 14th. I will aslo be hosting a guest post with one of the main characters from the book. I read Finding Fiona by this author and loved it, so I'm excited to read this one.


3. The Annihilation of Forever Land by Tony Bertauski- I recieved this one for review earlier this week and will hopefully getting to it really soon. Sci-fi novel that sounds really really good. Can't wait to get to it.


4. Paradox by Patti Roberts- Paranormal tale that sounds extremely interesting. I really can't wait to get to reading this one either.

5. Hope's Daughter by Melanie Cusick-Jones- I love the cover. This one also sounds really good and I can't wait to read this sci-fi futuristic novel. It sounds very intense.


6. When Copper Suns Fall by KaSonndra Leigh- Pretty cover. A paranormal/fantasy novel. Fantasy with a dystopian twist. This sounds like it should be really good.


7. The Shard Fence by Keith Madsen-  This one sounds really intriguing. It promises romance and an inspriational read. Should be really entertaining.


8. Heron Baby Island by Bob Cherny- This one sounds really interesting. Romance, photography, nature--you couldn't ask for a better backdrop. Really interesting cover too.

9. RetirementQuest: Make Better Decisions by John Hauserman- For some reason I couldn't find a picture of this, but I received this nonfiction book for review. This review will be posted on Feb. 2.

 And that's all for me. What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments. I read every single one.


~Danica Page

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to read Tris & Izzie, but all I tend to see are bad reviews! I really liked Shiver and I can't wait to read Under The Never Sky. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chey, I will let you know what I think, since i'll review it on here once I finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy reading Shiver! I'm planning to read Linger and Forever this year because I fell in love with The Scorpio Races last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy reading Shiver! I'm planning to read Linger and Forever this year because I fell in love with The Scorpio Races last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chacic/Anoynmous, I haven't read Shiver yet, but plan to do so soon. I've heard good things about this author and will be interested in giving her a shot.

    ReplyDelete

For the next 18 months, I won't have the ability to check my comments as often as I would like to, so for that period of time, I'm adding word verification. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I love your comments though, they make my day. So please keep commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (304) books (271) Book Review (243) asked to review (157) blogging (132) meme (104) writing (98) review (79) young adult (76) blog tour (69) series (68) netgalley (63) fiction (61) realistic (49) arc (47) romance (47) contemporary (46) adult (44) reading addiction blog tours (40) characters (38) writing process (35) 2012 (34) Waiting on Wednesday (33) 2013 (31) christian (31) IMM (27) Teaser Tuesday (27) my favorites (27) WWW Wednesdays (24) guest post (24) Top Ten Tuesday (23) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) new adult (19) letters (18) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) fantasy (16) historical fiction (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) paranormal (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) excerpt (12) suspense (12) author spotlight (11) editing (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) promo (10) sophomore novel (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) mystery (9) covers (8) debut (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) chick-lit (7) debut novel 2013 (7) dystopia (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) sci-fi (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) middle grade (3) retelling (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) novella (2) rant (2) standalone novel (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) design (1) inspirational (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) male pov (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)