Monday, January 9, 2012

Musing Monday (9)

Hello Readers,

This is my ninth time being involved with Musing Mondays, a blogging meme that is hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading.

This week’s musing asks…
Are there any “raved reads” –books that everyone seems to be talking about– that you’re hoping to get read this year, yourself? What books are they, and why are you hoping to read them? Is it because you want to say you’ve read it? Or, would you have chosen to read it, even if you’d discovered it yourself, and no one was raving about it?

Like Miz B said I tend to avoid books that are really hyped. However, I'm beginning to read a few books that have been hyped for ages merely because I'm curious. However, usually I just read books that I want to read. Ones that sound good and ones that have peeked my interest. If it looks good in my opinion I'll usually give it a shot despite other people's reviews.

However, I will admit that if somebody gives a book I've been wanting to read a good review, then I want to read it even more. But if they give it a bad review, I feel hesitant and wonder if it's worth reading. So hype and reviews do effect my choices.
I have been dying to read Tempest by Julie Cross. This one looks so good. I've been wanting to read it for forever. What's not to love about time travel and a love interest. Definitely want to read this one. Plus that is one sick cover. Everybody seems to be raving about this book (although lately I've heard there are a lot of technical difficulties in this one). Anyway, the point is I just really want to read this one.

Where She Went by Gayle Foreman. I read If I Stay literally a few weeks after it came out and I've been waiting to try to check this out at a library (it's not any of them :( ) So I've been waiting for it to go to paperback, but one way or another I'm reading this one this year. I discovered this before the raving, and most people say this one is spectacular too and so regardless of the raving, I've been wanting to read this one. 


The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It seems that everybody has read this one and I really need to read it. I'm going to give it a chance, because like I said everybody seems to like it. Everybody is raving about it, so I figure I'll give it a shot.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare.  I just barely read the first one in this series and once again it's one of those series that everybody seems to love, so I definitely want to read it. Plus I really liked the first one and am dying to see what happens next. I read the first one, because everybody was raving about it. Now I just really want to read the sequel.


The Unbecoming of Mara Dryer by Michelle Hodkin. I think I've seen this one on every single blog that I follow. I've heard really good things about it and desperately want to read it. I thought this one looked good, but I haven't found a bad review of this one yet, so that definitely increased my desire to read this one.
The list could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
What are you dying to get your hands on? Leave your link and/or a comment. I love hearing from you.
Love,
Danica Page 

4 comments:

  1. New follower here from http://www.theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com.

    I agree with Vampire Academy, Mara Dyer, and Tempest. I've read Where She Went (I liked the first one better.) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kary,

    thanks for the follow. And wow we have similar taste in books apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Tempest...There were a few technical time travel issues that I just didn't really get...but overall it was a really good book! I haven't read Mortal Instruments or Mara Dyer yet either. I want to read those this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tara, I'm glad that you liked Tempest. Good luck with getting through your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)