Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (13) & Top Ten Tuesday

Hey guys, I've decided to combine my Teaser Tuesday and Top Ten Tuesday post.

~Teaser Tuesday~

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly blogging meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anybody can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.Be careful not to include spoilers. You don't want to give the book away or ruin the book for others.Share author and title (and page number) so others can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser.


I'm reading Evermore by Alyson Noel. I've heard good things about this series for a such a long time, and so I finally decided to read it. So far I love it. It's really good, but I'm only on page 170 so I'm still not sure what to think of it.


Here's the summary:

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school-but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.
Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head-wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea who he really is-or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.




And now here's my teaser.
He squeezes my hand and smiles. "Now there's no one standing between us."
"But maybe there's something standing between us? I ask, my voice barely a whisper. ~159

What about you guys? What are you currently reading? Feel free to leave your link to your Teaser Tuesday. I love reading your comments and seeing what you're reading.

~Top Ten Tuesday~

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Today's post is Top Ten Books I'd Recommend for Somebody who Doesn't Read YA:

I chose to do YA, because lately I've been focusing a lot on classics. I do love classics, but I also love Ya. So here we go.


10. The Book Thief by Marcks Zusak- This is one of those books that crosses the lines between YA/Adult fiction. This is a novel that I believe everybody should read. It's powerfully written and one of my all-time favorites. Even if you don't like YA, I bet you'd like this one.


9. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins-A great dystopian novel that really launched this genre into the spotlight. This is also another novel that blurs the line between YA/Adult fiction. This is just one of those landmark novels you need to read regardless if you like YA fiction or not.


8. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- This is an icon novel that you just have to read in your lifetime. This series defined my generation and I'll definitely have my kids read this series. It's another icon series that you need to read.



7. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- I'm killing myself for putting this one on this list. I  sort of liked the first two, but after that ugh. However, having said that, you still need to read this series. In all actuality, you'd probably like it. And it's another icon novel that you simply have to read.


6. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton- Another iconic novel that you have got to read. This one is so beautifully written and come on it's about Ponyboy. You've got to read this one.


5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson- I know this one appears on like every single one of my lists. This book is a terrific book about life and I just love it. It's not for the overly sensitive reader, but it's truly a beautiful book. Definitely recommended.


4. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams- Same as the above novel. I just love this one and its a very powerful book. Definitely worth reading.


3. What Happened to Goodbye or any book by Sarah Dessen- Even if you don't like YA, you've sitll got to read at least one book by Dessen. She's a great writer and I've loved every single one of her books. Another powerful writer. Yes, it follows the "troubled girl meets boy who helps her through problem" formula, but it is powerful. Read it.


2. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr- Another powerfully written novel. This one is a gread read. I loved this book. I'd definitely recommend it to anybody. Give it a chance, even if you don't like YA.


1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee- This is considered YA by most people and so I feel justified in putting this on this list. It's To Kill a Mockingbird...enough said. You just have to read it.


And that's all for me. What top ten books did you recommend? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I love reading them. :)



Love,

Danica Page

24 comments:

  1. Great list! I never really thought about To Kill a Mockingbird as YA, but I guess it is. Great addition to the list :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list! DEFIFINTELY harry potter and I just read speak and completely agree!

    you can check out my top ten tuesday at my blog, WeNeedReads if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chosen One really is a powerful book. The subject matter was enough to give me nightmares, but it was such a fantastic read!

    Great list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I really need to read the Book Thief. Thanks for sharing. =]
    Here is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chosen One sounds interesting! Going to track that one down I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree with Harry Potter, but I’m biased :P

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the list! I can't believe I still haven't read The Book Thief yet. Now I really need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list, Danica! The Book Thief is such a special book isn't it? I haven't heard of The Chosen One before but I want to recommend to you Sister Wife which has a similar theme, about a girl who grows up in a polygamist community.

    Thanks for visiting (and linking! I'm hoping I can see the list sometime today)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read Speak. I haven't read any books on this list besides Mockingbird! Now I have some new books to add to my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Teaser, and great book picks. You have to read Harry, and Speak was a great novel. :)

    Happy Tuesday!

    My TT: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-0117-with-exclusive.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing list of titles, and I never would have placed To Kill a Mockingbird as YA. However, now that I think about it, I'd have to agree. Speak is another excellent title, so happy it's on your list. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @The Reading Enchantress, Thanks and you're welcome.

    @We Need Reads, I love love Speak. Thanks for the link.

    @K, I love The Chosen One. It is a terrible book in the content presented, but it's beautiful.

    @Michael, I love The Book Thief. It's a great book. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @1girl2manybooks, definitely is a book worth checking it out.

    @Lu, I love HP. And I think we're all biased. :)

    @Tanya, definitely worth getting to reading that one.

    @Alyssa, cool. Speak is fantastic and thanks for leaving your link.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Shannon, I know I love that Shinn has so many novels. I will definitely have to check out Sister Wife. You should definitely read Chosen One.

    @Ingrid, naturally I'd recommend all of these. They really are great.

    @Alexandra, definitely why I recommended Harry. I love Harry and Speak.

    @DJL, I know Speak is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think The Book Thief is probably my absolute most neglected YA read. I'm fairly ashamed that I haven't read it yet, but I swear that sooner or later I'm going to! Nice list, fan of most of these. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your list is fantastic and you've included some of my favourites: Sarah Dessen, The Book Thief and Speak.

    Mands

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! The Book Thief was a phenomenal read, I could not put it down when I read it a few years ago. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to read a Sara Dessen book. I hear amazing things about her stuff! Totally agree with your thoughts on Hunger Games and Twilight. And I really liked The Outsiders! Great list! And thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Book Thief had me bawling like an absolute baby. Such a fantastic book

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Heidi,I definitely have some of those. My most neglected read is probably Little Women. I really need to read that.

    @Vegan, Thanks I'm glad you liked my list. They are definitely some of my favorites as well.

    @Li, you are most welcome. And I agree I read The Book Thief in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Jana, thanks I'm glad you agree. I love the Outsiders, and I'm glad you agreed with my list. Definitely read Dessen. She's great.

    @Kayleigh, I know I wrote 13 pages in my journal after I read that book. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list!! I have Book Thief.. still need to read it.. more interested now that I see it topped your list!

    I still have to check out a Sarah Dessen book.. heard so many things about her!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Just a Lil Lost

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Just a lil lost, yeah I loed Book Thief. It is one of those books that people either love or hate though.

    And Dessen is great.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)