Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (14) and Top Ten Books I feel most remiss in not reading

~Teaser Tuesday~

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly blogging meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anybody can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.Be careful not to include spoilers. You don't want to give the book away or ruin the book for others.Share author and title (and page number) so others can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser.

I am currently reading The Katerina Triology: The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges. I actually received this book as part of the DAC tours sponsore by Lisa and Tara. Thanks so much, guys.

Here's the summary available on Goodreads:

St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. No one knows. Not her family. Not the girls at her finishing school. Not the tsar or anyone in her aristocratic circle. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue.

An evil presence is growing within Europe's royal bloodlines—and those aligned with the darkness threaten to topple the tsar. Suddenly Katerina's strength as a necromancer attracts attention from unwelcome sources . . . including two young men—George Alexandrovich, the tsar's standoffish middle son, who needs Katerina's help to safeguard Russia, even if he's repelled by her secret, and the dashing Prince Danilo, heir to the throne of Montenegro, to whom Katerina feels inexplicably drawn.

The time has come for Katerina to embrace her power, but which side will she choose—and to whom will she give her heart?


And here is my teaser:

"He had an instant pull on me. I could feel the attraction that
 his good looks and something more stirred in my heart.
Then I remembered my nightmares of chanting and blood
and stiffened my resolve." ~pg 122

Yes, I broke the rules for the first time and did three sentences. Forgive me, please.

What about you guys? What are you currently reading? Feel free to leave your link to your Teaser Tuesday. I love reading your comments and seeing what you're reading.

~Top Ten Tuesday~

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Today's post is Top Ten Books I feel Remiss in Having Not Read Them:


1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dryer by Michelle Hodkin-I've been dying to read this one for forever. I've heard really good things about it. And the cover is gorgeous.


2. Legendsby Marie Lu-Once again I've heard awesome things about this one. It just sounds so so good. It's Dystopian.



3. Little Women by Lousia May Allcott- Yes, I know. This is probably the one I am most remiss in not having read.



4. The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas-I've been dying to read this one for forever. I desperately want to read it too. I know the book is nothing like the movie and I want to uncover what's different.



5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout- I've been wanting to read this one for forever as well. I just haven't tracked it down yet. Interesting premise. Definitely has caught my intrigue.



6. Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne- It just looks so creepy, and I want to read it. Love love love the cover. I've heard mixed things, but I'm excited.



7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen-This book is by Austen--enough said. I love Austen. I even own a copy of this one. I just haven't got to it. I think it's because this would be my last Austen, and I just don't want to have read all her works. I keep thinking there has to be more by Austen, not Austen wannabes. :(


8. Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol- I love Russian Lit, plus this was a Gilmore Girls reference so I have to read it.



9. Existence by Abbie Glines- I just want to read this one really badly. It sounds so good. And the cover....must read.



10. A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee- I've heard so much about this series and I've wanted to read it. Just haven't got around to it yet. Really need to do that.

And that's all for me. What top ten books did you recommend? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I love reading them. :)

Love,

Danica Page

21 comments:

  1. I've read Little Women!! It's so, so very good!! And Northanger Abbey is absolutely hysterical. It takes a lot to make me laugh aloud at a book, but that one makes me laugh. :D I also very much want to read The Count of Monte Cristo. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Northanger Abbey--it's very funny as it makes fun of a girl who believes her books are real life. It's cute and clever.

    I'm curious about the Mara Dyer book. People have been talking about that one for a while. Guess I need to see what all the fuss is about.

    Great list and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Here is my teaser for this week.

    I love Little Women and The Count of Monte Cristo is on my someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how two books on your list appear on mine but our lists are completely different! Little Women is literally my favourite book of all time so I hope you get to read it sometime soon! Mara Dyer is an interesting read - I'm actually not quite sure how I feel about it yet (it's a lot to take in), but I do recommend reading it!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser and list :-)
    Here's my TT this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry I haven't read some of those! ;) But you MUST read Mara asap!! It's amazing!! Fantastic list!
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I've seen this book on Blogger in the past few weeks but haven't read it yet - looks interesting though!

    My teaser for this week
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list. You should read Mara - it's pretty good. Any you can't go wrong reading anything by Jane Austen!
    New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know others have probably said that but Mara is definitely worth the read. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! Northanger Abbey is a great book, probably the lightest/most light-hearted of Austen's works. Dead Souls was also an intriguing book but yeah, The Count of Monte Cristo is on my list of book to read!

    Here's my TTT for this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list, Danica!

    I have that problem with Northanger Abbey too - I've had it for the longest time but it's still the only Austen book I haven't read! (And it's the shortest, so what's my excuse?!)

    I've heard good things about A Spy in the House too. Ah! You've just reminded me that I have a Nikolai Gogol book I haven't read yet!

    I only got halfway through Little Women so don't feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jillian, You are making me want to read these two even more. Thanks.

    @Cathy, I'm glad to hear you liked it. I'm definitely going to have to read it. You are most welcome.

    @Beth,thanks I'm glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

    @AshleyR, that is funny. I've heard that about Mara Dyer. Thanks for leaving you rlink. I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great teaser! I have that book on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ttoria, thanks! I'll be sure to check out your link.

    @Lori, I know that's what I've been told. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    @Vicky, yeah it's intriguing. I'm only halfway through though. Thanks for leaving you rlink.

    @Sandra, thanks for the follow. And you're right you can't go wrong with Austen. Thanks for leaving the link.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Rachel, yes others have said that, but I still loved hearing that you agreed. Thanks for commenting and leaving your link!

    @Li, you actually know about Dead Souls! I'm so happy. Nobody seems to know about it. I know Count of Monte Christo...need to read that. Thanks for leaving your link!

    @Giraffedays, I know why haven't I read Northanger Abbey, I think it's because I don't want to read my last Austen book. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Lisa, thanks for stopping by and commenting. It really is a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to read this book! Great teaser! Mine is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-january-24-2012-across.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teaser! Here's mine.

    I read The Count of Monte Cristo when I was a sophomore or junior in high school and enjoyed it very much! I read an abridged version though, from what I understand the whole thing is like two hundred pages longer LOL!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great book picks, and wonderful teaser! I love the classics. :)

    Happy Tuesday! My Post: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-and-tell-me-something-tuesday.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, I reviewed Gathering Storm the other week.. pretty good read!

    Great category this week! I liked Obsidian.. maybe not as much as other people did, but the premise was definitely what intrigued me to it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  21. @BookLovingMommy, I just finished it. It's interesting. I'm still processing it to tell you the truth. Thanks for leaving your link.

    @Kamery, thanks for the follow. I definitely want to read the unabridge. Everybody I know read COunt in high school except me.

    @Alexandra, thanks and the classics truly are great.

    @Just a Lil Lost, I'm reviewing it this week. Well tomorrow actually. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)