Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10) and W.W.W Wednesday (9)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly post by Jill at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week is my ninth time involved in this meme. And this week I've chosen two books because there was no way I could choose just one. One is YA and one is Adult lit.

My first one is Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows. This one is being released on January 31, 2012.

This one has been buzzing around Goodreads and in the blogosphere for months. I've had my eyes on this one for forever. It sounds so good. Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


The other book I chose is Suspense, Mystery, Crime, Law-aka I should love this. It's Defending Jacob by William Landay. This one comes out on January 31,2012 too.

Here's the synopsis:

Andy Barber has been an assistant district attorney in his suburban Massachusetts county for more than twenty years. He is respected in his community, tenacious in the courtroom, and happy at home with his wife, Laurie, and son, Jacob. But when a shocking crime shatters their New England town, Andy is blindsided by what happens next: His fourteen-year-old son is charged with the murder of a fellow student.

Every parental instinct Andy has rallies to protect his boy. Jacob insists that he is innocent, and Andy believes him. Andy must. He’s his father. But as damning facts and shocking revelations surface, as a marriage threatens to crumble and the trial intensifies, as the crisis reveals how little a father knows about his son, Andy will face a trial of his own—between loyalty and justice, between truth and allegation, between a past he’s tried to bury and a future he cannot conceive.

Award-winning author William Landay has written the consummate novel of an embattled family in crisis—a suspenseful, character-driven mystery that is also a spellbinding tale of guilt, betrayal, and the terrifying speed at which our lives can spin out of control.


What book are you guys anxiously awaiting for? Anybody else dying for this book to come out? As always feel free to leave your Waiting on Wednesday link below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now here's my W.W.W. Wednesday post. This meme is hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What am I currently reading?

Tempest by Julie Cross. I was supposed to receive this a little while ago (2-3 weeks) but there was a problem with the mail. I've been talking about this one for forever. And even though I've heard there are some technical problems with it. I'm still really excited to read it.

In Dreams by J. Sterling, I didn't get to this last week, because computer crashed, but I'm going to read it this Saturday. I'm really excited to read it, because it sounds amazing.

What did I recently finish reading?

The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges- I just finished this one. I'm still processing, but I liked it a lot. I'm curious to see how she develops her novel. My review of this novel will be posted tomorrow. So be sure to come back and look at my review if you're interested in what I thought of it.

What do I think I'll read next?


Loving Emily by Anne Pfeffer. I've also been looking forward to reading this one. I received it for review just like all the other ones I've mentioned. It sounds really good.


I'm also going to read Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray. Because I love Hamlet and am just curious how the retelling goes. I've heard mixed things, but I'm really interested in seeing how the novel goes. I loved Ophelia by Lisa Klein so I have high expectations.  

What are you currently reading? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments.

Love,
Danica Page

14 comments:

  1. falling for hamlet and gathering storm are on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incarnate was super SUPER S U P E R good!!!!! So unique and intriguing. I have had several hour long conversations about it. I hope you end up loving it!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Incarnate. Glad you enjoyed The Gathering, looking forward to it as well.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am looking forward to Incarnate. Great pics.
    New follower.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Incarnate cover is awesome. I can't wait to dig into it myself. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good! I really wanna read Tempest!

    Here's my WWW: http://stephii-bookfever.blogspot.com/2012/01/www-wednesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_2460.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Carrie, Gathering Storm is good...and falling for hamlet is one I'm anxious to start reading. Thanks for stopping by.

    @Jennifer, that's what I've heard. I also hope I end up loving it. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

    @Petra, It looks so good. Thanks for leaving your link.

    @FABR Steph, thanks for the follow and for leaving your link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @June G, thanks for stopping by and yes it does look good.

    @Stephanie, thanks for stopping by. I just started reading Tempest. It seems good so far. Thanks for leaving your link.

    @Tribute Books Mama, thanks! I'll be sure to check out your link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Really great books you have here!
    I want to read Tempest too! It seems great!

    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. @A Beautiful Madness, thanks for stopping by and leaving your link!

    @Book Whales, I'm reading Tempest right now and am loving it. Thanks for leaving you link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished INCARNATE yesterday - and it was soooo goooood! Great picks!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Hafash, thanks. I really really need to read Incarnate. I keep hearing it's so good. I need to track this one down. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)