Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday(9) and W.W.W Wednesday 8)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly post by Jill at Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week is my ninth time involved in this meme. And this week I've chosen two books because there was no way I could choose just one.

The first on is Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton pub. Jan 24, 2012.  This one sounds so good, plus it's based on the mythology of Persephone. So yeah way excited.  I'll be intrigued to see how she makes this a series too. And the cover is really pretty.


And here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

The second one is Forbidden by Syrie James & Ryan M. James also pub. Jan 24.2012. This one looks intense/ slightly creepy and I'm a sucker for forbidden lov so yeah I'm in. Plus this cover is also really pretty/intriguing.

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

She should not exist.

He should not love her.

Claire Brennan has been attending Emerson Academy for two years now (the longest she and her mom have remained anywhere) and she’s desperate to stay put for the rest of high school. So there’s no way she’s going to tell her mom about the psychic visions she’s been having or the creepy warnings that she’s in danger.

Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson as the ideal hiding place where he could be normal for once. He hadn’t factored Claire into his plans. . . .

Their love is forbidden, going against everything Alec has been taught to believe. But when the reason behind Claire’s unusual powers is revealed and the threat to her life becomes clear, how far will Alec go to protect her?


What book are you guys anxiously awaiting for? Anybody else dying for this book to come out? As always feel free to leave your Waiting on Wednesday link below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now here's my W.W.W. Wednesday post. This meme is hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What am I currently reading?

I'm currently reading Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi which was just published on January 3, 2012. So I was psyched when I found out my library had this in. I'm on page 100 and already I'm hooked. So good! I love the cover. Definitely love Aria and Perry. Can't wait to finish this one. I really like the writing so far as well.




I'm also reading In Dreams by J. Sterling which I received for review. This one looks really good. The synopsis of this sounds so good. I can't wait to read this. The girl starts dreaming about some mysterious guy and then when she finds out his identity is turned off. That sounds great. Once again great cover.

What did I recently finish reading?
I just finished reading Evermore (The Immortals #1) by Alyson Noel. I loved it and will be posting my review of it soon. I can't wait to read the sequel. I really liked the characters in this one. The idea of the novel was interesting and I'll be curious to see how she expands her story in the sequel. Now I just need to track that down.

I also just finished reading The Fairy Tale Trap by Emily Casey (My review goes up tomorrow). I loved this one it was so entertaining and I loved the main character. I can't wait to see what else this author comes up with. Definitely recommended.


What do I think I'll read next?
I have a ton of books that I want to read for fun/ a ton that I've received for review/ and a ton to read for my various classes so yeah...lots of reading.
But I'll narrow it down the next book I'm reading for review is Loving Emily by Anne Pfeffer. I love this cover and am excited to get into this one. It sounds really intriguing. I'm really excited about reading from a guy's perspective and have heard good things. Can't wait to get to it.

And the next book I'm reading for fun is probably Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison . I've heard mixed things about this, but want to see what it's about. Plus, it's a stand alone, and I'm in the middle of too many great series right now to want to read another series right now. So Tris and Izzie it is. Plus I've heard good things about the author so yeah, I'll give it a shot.

 

What are you currently reading? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments.

Love,
Danica Page

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read Under the Never Sky - it looks so good!

    Here's my WWW post: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/www-wednesdays-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, it is really good and thanks for leaving your link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVED under the never sky!

    stop by my IMM?! I have a few picks!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-is-fun-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lindsay, thanks for stopping by. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for leaving your link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everneath was an okay read! Hope you enjoy it ;) Forbidden looks AWESOME!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anna, I also hope I like it. And yes, Forbidden looks insanely awesome in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

For the next 18 months, I won't have the ability to check my comments as often as I would like to, so for that period of time, I'm adding word verification. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I love your comments though, they make my day. So please keep commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (304) books (271) Book Review (243) asked to review (157) blogging (132) meme (104) writing (98) review (79) young adult (76) blog tour (69) series (68) netgalley (63) fiction (61) realistic (49) arc (47) romance (47) contemporary (46) adult (44) reading addiction blog tours (40) characters (38) writing process (35) 2012 (34) Waiting on Wednesday (33) 2013 (31) christian (31) IMM (27) Teaser Tuesday (27) my favorites (27) WWW Wednesdays (24) guest post (24) Top Ten Tuesday (23) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) new adult (19) letters (18) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) fantasy (16) historical fiction (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) paranormal (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) excerpt (12) suspense (12) author spotlight (11) editing (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) promo (10) sophomore novel (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) mystery (9) covers (8) debut (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) chick-lit (7) debut novel 2013 (7) dystopia (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) sci-fi (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) middle grade (3) retelling (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) novella (2) rant (2) standalone novel (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) design (1) inspirational (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) male pov (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)