Saturday, February 11, 2012

In My Mailbox 13

Hello, this is my thirteenth week involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the week.


This week.I received a lot of books from Negalley that I'm really excited about reading, Most of these come out in April or June and I'm so happy to have received them. I don't know why, but there's just something exciting about having a book before it's out in the public realm.



Books  I received from Abrams:



1. Welcome, Caller, this is Chloe by Shelley Coriell-This one is released May 1, 2012. This one looks cute and cheesy. But it sounds good and has definitely piqued my interest. Plus, it kind of has a Dessen-Zarr type feel to it. Girl who's struggling meets boy who helps her. I'm looking forward to it. 



Books I received from Zondervan




1. The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson-This one came out this last November and I've bee pining for this one for forever. Christian historical young adult romance....I'm so there. It just sounds so good. I love the cover too. 


Books I received from Simon & Schuster, Inc:


1. An Uncommon Grace by Serena B. Miller- It's an Amish Christian romance book that comes out on April 3, 2012. I love Christian fiction and so I have high hopes for this one. This one is about a nurse returning from the war in Afghanistan who wants to help her troubled brother. Sounds good enough for me to be hooked. After all I love christian fiction.




Books I received from Barbour Publishing, Inc:


1. A Sister's Forgiveness by  Anna Schmidt- This is another Christian fiction book and this one comes out in May 2012. This one is about family relationships and issues. When one cousin causes an accident, and the other dies from it how can a family stick together and endure the tragedy? It sounds good. I'm in. 


2. Can I Get a Do-Over: The Grace of Second Chances by Elizabeth Ward-This is a type of book that I don't usually read. This is out in April 2012. I figured I'd give it a try. So should be interesting to see what I think of it. Plus, the cover is pretty.


3. Lady Anne's Quest by Susan Page Davis- First off, I love the cover on this one. Definitely looks like a book I want to read. Lady Anne believes that she's found her long lost uncle, but when she gets there she is convinced that he's an impostor. And Dan the man who accompanied her is convinced the same. Now he has his hands full protecting Anne, but can he protect his heart too? Definitely has caught my attention. 


Books I received from Abingdon Press:


1. Her Restless Heart by Barbara Cameron- Another Amish Christian fiction book about a girl who's being pulled from her faith and from her longtime friend Jacob. I feel like there is going to be something of a love triangle and that has caught my interest. 


2. Always the Designer, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker- The cover on this one is pretty intriguing, and once again I just think this book looks really cute and cheesy. It looks like it would be entertaining and hilarious. Plus, it's about a wedding, bound to be funny.


Books I received from Bell Bridge Books:


1. Alias Dragonfly by Jane Singer-Okay, I was hooked from the first line that said "Don't love a Spy." That really is about all it takes to get me hooked, which is kind of sad. But who doesn't love a spy book? A Pinkerton agent in the civil war time. I'm in!

 And that's all for me. I was loaded on Christian fiction this week, which makes me happy. Christian fiction is kind of my guilty pleasure. 


But I'm really really excited for  Alias Dragonfly, Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe, and the Merchant's Daughter.  What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments. I read every single one.




~Danica Page

13 comments:

  1. Very nice. Great mailbox. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you got some great books this week. I'd really like to read Welcome Caller...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vegan YA Nerds, thanks! Yeah that one looks really good.

    @Laura, thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to check out yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've seen Always the Designer a few times and have been tempted to pick it up.

    Thanks for stopping by In Libris Veritas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great haul! Isn't NetGalley the best? ;) I hope you enjoy all your books! I hear Welcome Caller is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some really great books. Welcome Caller, This is Chloe sounds like a really great book. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! The Merchant's Daughter looks especially good.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta haul! A lot of these are new to me!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh great books this week!!! Hope you enjoy everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ShadowRose, thanks for stopping by.

    @Sam, I've heard good things about Welcome Caller too, so I hope I like it.

    @Wendy, thanks for stopping by.

    @Amy, you are welcome and thanks for stopping by. I'm excited about that one too.

    @Allison can Read, Yes Merchant's Daughter is one I'm really excited about.

    @Giselle, thanks. A lot of these were new to me as well.

    @Anna, thanks. I also hope I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)