Monday, February 27, 2012

In My Mailbox (14)

Hello, this is my fourteenth week involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the week.


I haven't updated this in two weeks, and I've received a lot of new books this week. To simplify things, unless otherwise stated these books come from publishers via netgalley who were gracious enough to accept my review request.


Books I bought:


I love Dee Henderson and I finally caved and bought the first two books in her Uncommon Heroes series. I now have all four. I love love Dee Henderson


The first one in the series are called True Devotion which is about a lifeguard and a SEAL. I'm a lifeguard so I love that the main character is too.  The second one in the series is True Valor, which is about a PJ and a pilot. It's a tossup out of the first three for which one I like better.


Books I received from DAC Tours (Lisa and Tara):


The Exceptionals by Erin Cashman. This one looks really good. It has a paranormal vibe and looks really really good. I'm definitely excited to have received this one for review. Thanks Lisa and Tara for sponsoring these tours and for choosing me.


Books I received from Random House Children's Books:


Spirit's Princess by Esther Friesner-- I've loved loved loved all of Esther's books so far, and can't wait to read this one. Historical fiction and great female leads...that's enough for me to be hooked.


Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale-- I've had my eye on this one for quite some time. It looks really good and I can't wait to start reading it. Plus, I really love both versions of this cover. 


Books I received from Bloomsbury Children's Books:


Shooting Stars by Alison Rushby--I've had my eye on this one for forever and it finally comes out tomorrow. But luckily Netgalley gave it to me a week ago. I'm really excited about this one.


Books I received from Thomas Nelson (Publishing Group, not a person):


First Date by Krista McGee--I thought this one sounded intriguing. Looks like there is a slight Christian reference, it's ya and it's about a reality tv show. Sounds good to me. 


Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble--This one also looks good. It's a bout a woman who enters into a proxy marriage to provide for her brother and sister. And of course it's also Christian fiction with historical romance thrown in. 


There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones-- This one sounds really good. It's about a girl who's following her dead brother's journal to Ireland. Plus there appears to be a romance angle with a Hollywood star. This also has a religious undercurrent. 


Books I received from Barbour Publishing, Inc:


Lily by Diane Ashley and Aaron McCarver-- This one is another historical Christian romance. It's about a girl on a cruise down the Mississippi and vaguely references sirens in the synopsis, so I'm in.


Yesterday's Stardust by Becky Melby--It's about a journalist named Dani. I'm a journalist, and people who know me usually call me Dani. That right there was enough to catch my attention. Plus it's about a journal from the Roaring Twenties. I'm so in. 


Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK by Betsy St. Amant-- This is about a Preacher's Kid who finds herself questioning her face when bad boy Wes Keegan comes riding into town and into her heart. This seems to have a Footloose type vibe on the surface so I'm intrigued to say the least.


Books I received from B & H Publishing Group:


The Forgiven Duke Jamie Carie-- This one is a historical Christian fiction book about a girl who is promised to Lord John Lemon. She flees to Iceland in search of her parents and gets into all sorts of mischief. Sounds right up my alley. 






Books I received from WaterBrook  Multnomah Publishers:


Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers-- It's about the Gold Rush and a girl who as a child was forced into prostitution. Now she expects nothing but trouble from men. It's about a girl's journey to healing. Sounds emotional but interesting. 

 What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments. I read every single one.




~Danica Page

10 comments:

  1. Wow nice week! Shooting Stars and Someone else's life both look really good. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW HUGE HAUL! Shooting Stars looks really cute! Thanks for visiting My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome IMM this week :D I've been seeing Shooting Stars around a lot lately. Looks like a cute read will be looking out for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! What a GREAT set of books! I am really excited to see what you think about Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale!!

    I got shooting stars, too! I am really excited about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emily, yeah those two looked really exciting. I just finished Shooting Stars and am about a quarter though Someone Else's Life.

    @Jennifer, I was pretty excited, and I loved that one.

    @The Book Faerie, thanks. And yes, Shooting Stars has been appearing a lot lately. It looks so cute.

    @Kristin, thanks! So far I'm loving Someone Else's Life, and I loved Shooting Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great mailbox :D I haven't read any of these, but they do look awesome ;D I hope you enjoy them all :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3 Psst, yeah, it is hard to decide what book to read next :)
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of Shooting Stars! WHat a great mailbox! Sorry it took so long to get back to yourblog to comment, thanks so much for visiting mine :D

    I hope you have a great weekend :)

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic haul! I love Netgalley :) Shooting Stars and Someone Else's Life sound like interesting reads.
    Happy reading

    Kat@ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Carina, thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    @Fireflywishes, don't worry about it and thanks for stopping by.

    @K.R, yeah I loved both of those ones.

    @Roro, thanks I will.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)