Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (15) and Top Ten books I'd give to somebody who doesn't read

~Teaser Tuesday~

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly blogging meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anybody can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.Be careful not to include spoilers. You don't want to give the book away or ruin the book for others.Share author and title (and page number) so others can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser.

Today I'm reading Loving Emily by Anne Pfeffer. I was asked to review this one and as of right now I'm half-way through. I like it so far. 


Here's the summary available on Goodreads:


Ryan Mills is torn with guilt over the death of his best friend, and it's all because of Emily Wintraub. If Ryan hadn't seen those incredible gray-blue eyes, hadn't pegged her as a Potentially Amazing Woman, he would never have gone looking for her at the party that night. He would never have left his wasted friend Michael alone, when Michael needed him and asked him to stay. And if Ryan hadn't left, Michael would never have driven off, totaled his car, and taken the cosmic rocket ride into death. 

As far as Ryan's concerned, when you’ve done something terrible, you don’t deserve to be happy. He tries not to fall for Emily, but he can't help it. Before long, he is "completely, gonzo, out-of-control in love." 

Ryan then learns that Michael died with a secret. Still grieving, he feels compelled to take on his friend's unfinished business. When Emily begins to question where his commitments really lie—with her or with Michael’s memory—Ryan is forced to examine his choices. What does he owe to Michael, to Emily, and to himself? 


And here is my teaser:


"Get up. Go find someone else. But I can't think of who to ask.Maybe, if I behave like Michael is still alive, I can make it true." ~pg 78 
(at least in my copy)


What about you guys? What are you currently reading? Feel free to leave your link to your Teaser Tuesday. I love reading your comments and seeing what you're reading.

~Top Ten Tuesday~

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Today's post is Top Ten Books I'd Hand to Someone Who Says They Don't Like to Read:


This list isn't in any particular order, but here are my ten.


1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- I'm pretty sure this is going to be on most people's list.


2. The Hunger Games by Suzane Collins- Once again I'm pretty sure most will say this one.


3. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers- I'm killing myself for putting this one on her, but people love this book. And this book got a lot of my friends who weren't readers into reading. So it has to go on the list.


4. Divergent by Veronica Roth- Spectacular and amazing come to mind. Definitely one I'd recommend. 


5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- One of those books that I just adored and think everybody should read.


6. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen- Sarah Dessen is iconic for teenage girls. If a girl doesn't like to read, hand her a Dessen.


7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- It's just one of those books that you have to read. 


8. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton- Once again, it's just one of those books you have to read.


9. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini-  A really powerful book that I think a lot of people would really like.


10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- This book is original, compelling, and presents WWII/Holocaust in a way that I think everybody should read. 




And that's all for me. What top ten books did you recommend? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I love reading them. :)



Love,

Danica Page

25 comments:

  1. I've only read The Hunger Games from this list - which was really good. I'm looking forward to reading Divergent soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser and blurb! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser. Sounds fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tanya, Divergent is really good. You won't regret reading it.

    @Brooke, thanks. I'll be sure to check your's out.

    @Laurel-Rain Snow, you are most welcome.

    @LibrarySnake, thanks. I'll be sure to check out your link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. :)

    Harry Potter would be on the top of my list to hand to someone who says they don't like to read. The Hunger Games is definitely my number two as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man . . . The Book Thief! What a fantastic story. Great Top Ten list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great teaser.. would like to hear your comments when you finish the book as well..
    Also, love the books on your list for the Top ten, a few of them made my list too.. and got a few more from your list for my TBR...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Christine, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

    @Trish, I know I love love that book.

    @Lady in Read, once I finish the book, my review will be posted. I'm glad you found a few books to read.

    Thanks for stopping by guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great list!
    Divergent is one of my faves. i can't wait for the sequel!
    Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about Twilight, I wasn't reading as much a few years ago and I had no interest in Twilight until a friend suggested I read it and once I was done I realised how much I'd missed reading!

    Your list of books is great, there are a few I need to add to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great top 10 list and teaser!!

    Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww your teaser was a little sad but good. I love the top ten list, good choices. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  13. @EvilEva, you are most welcome. I also can't wait for the sequel to come out.

    @Vegan YA Nerds, I'm glad you agree with me. Thanks for stopping by.

    @Jen, you're welcome. Thanks! I'm glad you liked the list.

    @Jennifer, yes the teaser is sad, but I'm glad you liked my list. And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list!! I love that almost all of them on your list I either HAVE read or own and have yet to read.. :D Haha.. I debated about putting Twilight too.. figured, sure, it might get ppl reading, but I would never recommend it as the reason to start reading! haha :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! I also really like your Top Ten Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by. That book looks really interesting I'm going to have to find it so I can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. good pick for a teaser, I am interested :) thanks for stopping by my TT Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cover and teaser, thanks for visiting my blog earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting teaser! Sounds like Ryan is in quite the situation there. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier today! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Just a Lil Lost, yeah I had that same internal debate, but I figured I sided with the idea that any reason to get somebody into reading is a good one. Thanks for stopping by.

    @Becca, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

    @Boriquaz, I'm glad I could help yo find a book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Book Savvy Babe, thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

    @Janet Ruth, thanks I'm glad you liked it.

    @Li, you are welcome and yeah I'd say he's in quite the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great teaser!
    I wish I could put Harry Potter in the hands of EVERY reader!

    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Aiecha, I feel the same way about HP. And thanks I'm glad you liked my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Loving Emily" sounds great! I just added it to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing!
    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)