Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (16) and Top Ten books That Broke My Heart

~Teaser Tuesday~

This week marks the sixteenth time I've participated in Teaser Tuesday. This meme is hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading.  And HAPPY VALENTINES/SINGLE AWARENESS DAY!

The rules are really simple. Just grab the book you're reading and turn to a random page. Pick two sentences and post them along with the page number, book, and author.

Without further ado here is my Teaser Tuesday for this week.

I am currently reading Love Unfinished by Darian Wilk and am currently halfway. I received this one for review. This one was one that I was excited to read and am enjoying so far.

Here's the summary from Goodreads:

Soul mates from the past leave their love unfinished when a tragic accident ends their lives on their wedding day. Yet they are destined to meet again to fulfill that love in new incarnations, leading vastly different lives. 

Emma thought she had chosen the right path, but too late does she realize her mistake as her husband reveals the monster behind his smile; morphing their fairytale image with loveless obligation. Trapped in a broken marriage to a powerful, abusive husband, she knows this is not the life she was destined to live. As her hope for love withers, she meets James, her love from a lifetime ago. 

Emma cannot deny the love pulling her toward James, but courage to abandon her marriage wavers and unknowingly puts her love on the line. If Emma has any hope of life and love, she must trust the bond with James and be with the man destiny has spent two lifetimes guiding her toward. Are they fated to fulfill their love, or will they once again, leave love unfinished?

And now here's my teaser. 

"My level aye?” He chuckled, leaned back and crossed his arms. “You’re too good for blackmail?” he laughed. “I highly doubt that!”
“Blackmail!” she said and laughed, almost choking on her drink. “You’re dumber than I thought!” ~in my copy it's page 49.

That's all for me. Which book did you pick this week. Please comment and leave your link. I check out every single link and respond to every comment. :)

~Top Ten Tuesday~

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday.

My Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart

I'm excited for this one, which sounds really awful when I think about it. :) And I loved all these books that broke my heart, that is slightly terrible. But sad books can be really powerful. Some of these ended sort of happy, and some of them didn't. None of these actually made me cry though. I just don't cry while reading.

1. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks- I think everybody can understand why I chose this one. It is just so sad.

2. Changing My Wardrobe by Deb Hanrahan- I reviewed this one on the blog and it was so powerful. It literally broke my heart. 

3. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr- I read this one and I just wanted to hug Cameron.

4. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams- This book is beautifully written and oh so powerful, but the topic of this one broke my heart.

5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson- This book is just so sad, but like the others, it is a really powerful novel. I loved this one.

6. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson- This one is also sad, and like Speak it broke my heart. This one might even have broke my heart more than Speak.

7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy- I started out loving Anna and then by the end I was just so conflicted and torn, and this book also tore my heart in two.

8. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- I think everybody who has read this book/seen the movie can understand why this one broke my heart. I just can't understand why Rhett and Scarlet couldn't work it out. I know people say that she didn't deserve him, but I disagree. This book still makes me emotional just thinking about it.

9.  Tuck Everlasting- I was so torn in this book. I wanted her to end up with him, but I understood why she didn't choose that path. This was probably the first book I ever read that broke my heart.

10.  Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay- Okay this book didn't just break my heart it wrenched my heart. But this is such a beautiful book.

And that's all for me. What top ten books did you recommend? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I love reading them. :)

Love,
Danica Page

20 comments:

  1. I haven't thought about Tuck Everlasting since I was younger! I remember being so sad at the end of it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting the site. You have a great list too!!!

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am loving Fixing Delilah! I read Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler and loved it and knew I had to read this one as well. Great teaser by the way!

    Sara @ upon a love story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Finding love in a new incarnation sounds awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Candice, I know that book made me so sad as a child.

    @Kell, thanks!

    @TwilightsDance, thanks for stopping by.

    @Sara, I am so glad that you are loving that book. Sara Ockler is an incredible writer.

    @Laurel-Rain Snow, you are most welcome and so far I'm liking the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! The book sounds interesting =)

    Your Top Ten list was fantastic too (I had posted my over here), Anna Karenina also made it on my list. A Walk to Remember and Sarah's Key almost made it to my list but I forgot why I didn't end up including them...

    Thanks for dropping by my blog this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. Thanks for visiting my blog. New follower here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so many great, heartbreaking books on your list!! I didn't even think to put The Chosen One on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your teaser and your top ten list too. Thanks for posting a synopsis of Love Unfinished.
    Here's my Teaser: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-feb-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely agree with Speak and I am about to read Wintergirls and I knew I'd be in for more heartbreak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great teaser, and some great book picks as well! I haven't read any of Darian's books yet, but I hope to soon. She's so sweet. :)

    Happy Valentines day, Danica!

    My Teaser/Post:
    http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-and-tell-me-something-tuesday_14.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Li, you're welcome. I also enjoyed your book.

    @Christine Rains, thanks for the follower!

    @Denise F, thanks I'm glad you enjoyed my list.

    @Sandy, thanks for stopping by. And you are welcome for the synopsis. I'll be sure to check out your link.

    @Vegan YA Nerds, you can usually count on heartache when it comes to Laurie Halse Anderson.

    @Alexandra, yeah she seems sweet. I like it so far. Happy Valentines to you too. And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh Blackmail always piques my interest - wow that sounds so bad LOL I haven't read any of those heart breakers.. I'm really bad about reading any book that looks like it's gonna be really sad lol

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and happy valentine's day :)

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been sooooo long since I read Tuck Everlasting that I can't remember the ending but I've seen it on a few lists today! I'll trust that it's devastating!
    I love your list! And thanks for stopping by today! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool!!! Awesome teaser and great list!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG How could I have forgotten Sarah's Key!?!?! I loved that book.. you're right.. it's heart wrenching!!! Omg... Amazing choices! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Fireflywishes, don't worry I get what you mean. Many people are bad about reading heartbreakers.

    @Amy, the ending is pretty sad and yeah I've seen it pop up a few times too.

    @Stephanie, you're welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

    @Just a Lil Lost, I also loved that book, and thanks I'm glad you liked my list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teaser :D Seems like an interesting book ;) I hope you will end up liking it :)

    I haven't actually read any of your top ten books o.O But they do seem great :D And I have been meaning to read Speak for a while now ;p
    Have fun reading :D
    Thank you for commenting on my Teaser Tuesday and Top Ten. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Carina, thanks for stopping by. And I'm glad you liked my teaser, and yes you definitely need to read SPeak. It's spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)