Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday 14 and W.W.W. Wednesday 13


~Waiting On Wednesday (14)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read. 

This is my fourteenth time participating in this meme.This week I have once again chosen two young adult books that are somewhat similar, but completely different at the same time. Yes, I know that makes no sense. 


The first similarity is that both of these books are released on April 24, 1012. 


The first book is The Temptation (Kindred #1) by Alisa Valdes. Okay so I'm not a complete fan of the cover, but the synopsis sounds great.


Here's the summary from goodreads:


His touch was electric. 
His eyes were magnetic. 
His lips were a temptation.... 
But was he real? 

After crashing her car on an empty highway, Shane is miraculously saved by Travis, a mysterious cowboy who walks out of nowhere. She is instantly attracted to him, and for the first time, she believes in “soul mates.” But Shane soon discovers that Travis is dead and that strict rules from the Underworld govern kindred spirits of different dimensions. Breaking these rules could destroy both their souls. And while Travis is almost impossible to resist, temptation proves to be the kindest enemy they encounter. 

Can true love surpass the power of pure evil? Part love story, part supernatural thriller, this first book in the Kindred trilogy will leave readers lusting for more!



I don't know why that sounds so good, but it just does.


The second book is Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris. I bet a lot of you have heard of this one, because it is absolutely amazing.


Here's the synopsis:


Two days before the start of her junior year, seventeen-year-old Janelle Tenner is hit by a pickup truck and killed—as in blinding light, scenes of her life flashing before her, and then nothing. Except the next thing she knows, she's opening her eyes to find Ben Michaels, a loner from her high school whom Janelle has never talked to, leaning over her. And even though it isn't possible, she knows—with every fiber of her being—that Ben has somehow brought her back to life. 

But her revival, and Ben's possible role in it, is only the first of the puzzles that Janelle must solve. While snooping in her FBI agent father's files for clues about her accident, she uncovers a clock that seems to be counting down to something—but to what? And when someone close to Janelle is killed, she can no longer deny what's right in front of her: Everything that's happened—the accident, the murder, the countdown clock, Ben's sudden appearance in her life—points to the end of life as she knows it. And as the clock ticks down, she realizes that if she wants to put a stop to the end of the world, she's going to need to uncover Ben's secrets—and keep from falling in love with him in the process. 

From debut author Elizabeth Norris comes this shattering novel of one girl's fight to save herself, her world, and the boy she never saw coming.

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (13)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my thirteenth week participating in this meme.




What am I currently reading? 


I'm currently reading two books On Little Wings by Regina Sirois. I received this one for review by Tristi Pinkston, who sets up blog tours. This one sounds very dramatic and is full of family issues and intrigue. I'm only thirty pages in, but so far it is intriguing. My review will be up on the third.


The second one is The Talisman of Faerie by Jason N. Beil, which I also received for review. I'm not very far into this one, but it sounds good and it looks like it is going to be a great epic fantasy. 


What did I recently finish reading?


I recently finished Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby. My review is here. I loved loved this book. I was lucky enough to get an advanced readers of this one, and since I had been pining for this book for ages. That was a really happy day.


I also recently finished Alias Dragonfly by Jane Singer. My review is here. This one is a spy novel set in the Civil War and the first novel in this sequel. I also really enjoyed reading this one. 



What do I think I'll read next?


Wow choosing what book next to read is definitely going to be difficult. I'll be reading Academie by Susanne Dunlap and The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson.


I'm really excited for both of these. I've been looking forward to these titles, and have been for quite some time. 



That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

~Danica Page


P.S. I have two giveaways ending within the next few days that I think are pretty awesome, so be sure to take advantage of them and sign up.

28 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about Unraveling! I haven't heard of The Temptation, but it sounds really good. Awesome picks!

    My WoW
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting on Unraveling too! Sounds so good! Just found out about The Temptation today and it sounds amazing also. I like forbidden love and really want to know what is going on with Travis.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG The Temptation sounds so good! You got to love a good human-ghost love story. You know there is never much or any hope, but you can't help but wish for the impossible.

    Nice pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both The Temptation and Unraveling sound awesome! I've seen the cover for Unraveling floating around but I had not read the synopsis yet, so thanks for sharing! There seem to be a lot of really good books coming out in April. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choices. :) It's good to hear that you enjoyed Shooting Stars - the cover looks a bit disappointing but the synopsis sounds ace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both sound good...and I hope you're going to enjoy them.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. UNRAVELING!!!!! I am so damn excited for that one it is driving me crazy!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Susanne, I k now Unraveling looks great, and glad I could introduce you to Temptation.

    @Jennifer, Unraveling does sound really good, and I'm also a huge fan of forbidden love.

    @Renae, you're definitely right. I hadn't even thought of that one.

    @The Reading Enchantress, I'm glad I could let you see the synopsis. And yep, April and May are looking like awesome book months.

    @Annie, yeah I can see why the cover might have disappointed you, but I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Creations, thanks I do hope I get to read them soon.

    @Anna, I can definitely relate, it does look really good, and it seems to be getting a lot of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both sound amazing! Time to head over to good reads and add them to my rapidly growing to be read list! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    Sara @ upon a love story

    ReplyDelete
  11. Academie looks great :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/www-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent picks!! The Temptation sounds great!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words
    My Wow pick this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great WOW picks! I just discovered the first book I few days ago. I love the sound of it too! Can't wait to read that one. Unravelling is on my pile and I'm super excited to get round to it. It sounds amazing, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really excited about Unraveling! Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sara, I'm glad I could introduce you to them, and yes I think they sound great. I hear you on the rapidly growing to-read list.

    @Library Snake, yep that one does look really good. I can't wait to read it.

    @Jess, thanks. I'm glad you liked them.

    @Sam, Yeah Unraveling does sound awesome. I can't wait to read it.

    @Kristin, thanks for stopping by.

    @Roro, I know it does sound absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh great picks I have both of these are my TBR list they sound awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks! I've heard Unraveling is good.
    Thabks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow--what great books. I've just added several to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait for Unraveling. The Temptation sound amazing. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Giselle, thanks for stopping by.

    @Andrea, thanks for stopping by and yep it sounds good.

    @Kwizgiver, I'm glad that you liked my books.

    @The Sagacity Quest, thanks and yep both sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the cover for Shooting Stars! It is so playful and fun.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday:

    http://www.wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Jess, the cover definitely is playful and fun. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They both sound great! I really like the sound of Unravelling. I'm also jealous you were approved for an advanced read of Shooting Stars. Can't wait for it :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also don't like the cover for The Temptation, but I do agree that it sounds awesome. I am SO excited for Unraveling! I remember when I used it as my WoW. Both books sound amazing, though I love Unraveling more. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Daphne, I'm sorry to make you jealous, but it is a really great book. Definitely recommended.

    @Sophia, yep I feel like they could have done more with the cover, but it looks good. And yes, Unraveling looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh, YES! Unraveling sounds so freaking awesome. *wants* Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Rebecca, thanks for stopping by and yest I think it looks pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)