Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blogger in the Spotlight...Always a Booklover



This week I'm pleased to introduce Victoria of Always a Booklover, who will be starring in this week's Blogger in the Spotlight.

Big welcome, Victoria.


Victoria's author spotlight:



Judith Mcnaught is definitely one of my favorite authors of all time. She has written many fantastic books that has touched me to the very core. Her books spark emotions in me that I hardly ever feel when reading other books. One moment I can be screaming at the characters, the next moment I could be sighing at their sweet declarations of love. She never fails to surprise me. When I first picked up her book, Whitney, My Love, I wasn’t expecting much. But I was never so glad to have been proven wrong. That book started an obsession in me. The obsession to read all of her books. Which I did.

Since then, I have tried finding other romance authors that can bring me through that same maelstrom of emotions, going from one emotional high to another. But so far, I don’t really think I’ve found any. Some have come close, but to me, none have ever reached her standard.

I love almost all of her books. But out of these, there are some that I especially love. Whitney, My Love, Once and Always, Something Wonderful, Almost Heaven, Perfect, Paradise. All of these are books that has touched me so deeply that I think I will never forget them.

Even when I re-read her books, I go through the exact same emotions as when I’ve first read it. Sometimes, I see even more that escaped my attention the first time and that, to me, is amazing. Its not everyday that I can re-read a book and still have that magic of the first read.

Judith Mcnaught has never failed to touch my heart with her amazing writing, her excellent characters that you just fall in love with, her witty dialogues, her interesting plots. All of these together gives you an unforgettable read. And one of the most amazing reading experiences ever.


Q & A with Victoria:



PhotobucketHow long have you been blogging?

I’ve been blogging since about end October 2011. So that makes close to 5 months? Wow, that’s so much longer than I thought!

Why do you love blogging?

I have no idea actually, I just do! Its pretty amazing doing up the whole design and layout of the blog, working with authors, blog tour organizers, reviewing, etc. And it never fails to amaze me that some people out there actually read my blog.

Why did you name your blog Always a Book Lover?

I was struggling to choose a name and then suddenly this occurred to me! Hehe, rather cheesy I know, but I feel it conveys my love for books:) I’ve loved to read all my life and so I chose this name! Alright, to be honest, I have no idea, I was thinking for a long long time about a title and then this occurred to me. It was the best of my choices and it sounded pretty good in my head so I just stuck to it! :P

Why do you love romance novels?

This will be a super cheesy answer. But honestly? There’s just something about the love shown between both characters that gives me hope that there’s that type of love out there waiting for me. And it just shows that love truly can overcome all even through insurmountable odds. Sure, I know its just fiction, but there’s so many qualities that can be applied to real life, isn’t there? That perseverance, that courage to keep going on through it all, what’s not to love about them? And of course, the sweet – and cheesy – declarations of love. I live for those :P

Do you prefer realistic s or paranormal romances? Why?

I’m gonna have to go with realistic romance! Ok this is going to sound incredibly cheesy again but bear with me! I guess realistic romance is just sweeter cause it seems possible. That one day, that may actually happen to me! PNR is cool, but… it’ll never happen and thus I can’t dream and that’s quite sad!

What exactly is netball and why do you love it?

Heh, it’s an amazing sport! :D It’s kind of difficult to explain in a short time, but I’ll try! It’s a game with 7 players on each side. The objective is of course to score goals and win! Quite a number of rules, but let me just state the netball is nothing like basketball! You can’t bounce and you can’t move anywhere you like! Every player has a designated zone. Why do I love it? I’m clueless. This is my 8th year playing it and I still love it. Right now I’m a shooter and shooting is wow. Alright, this is gonna sound so retarded, but shooting gives me peace somehow. It’s just the net and me. Sometimes, as I’m shooting, nothing else seems to exist and when I make that perfect shot, everything seems right with the world.

What book are you pining for?

There’s no one book in particular actually! I wish I could just forget about the entire world and read:)

What do you do when you’re not reading/blogging?

Sadly, studying:( Alright, not always! Sometimes, I am)

What are you currently reading and what are you going to read next?

Surprise surprise! I’m not currently reading anything. School has been so hectic! I’m gonna read Mark of the Seer by Jenna Kay! My review is long overdue!

Anything else you think readers should know about you?

Hmm. I’ve never really thought of myself as an interesting person so I guess not! I’m a Christian since birth and I feel so thankful to have God by my side. Without Him, I honestly don’t think I would still be alive today. Or at least, not so happy! :D And yes, I’m naturally a very happy person:) Feel free to drop me a mail anytime! I’ll definitely respond:D Thanks for having me on the blog Danica! It’s been a pleasure answering questions for a change! And I do apologise for the so long answers, I tend to be very long-winded! Once again, thanks! ;D 

  
You are most welcome, Victoria. Thanks for stopping by.


Well that's all for this week's Blogger in the SpotlightBe sure to check out Victoria's blog, Always a Booklover.


Also, if you're interested in being spotlighted, please see the Blogger in the Spotlight page. Also, I have a ton of spots opening up for spotlights, so please email me if you're interested.
Love,
Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)