Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Review: Always the Designer, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker



Always the Designer, Never the Bride
(Emma Rae Creation, #3)
by Sandra D. Bricker
Received for Review from publisher via netgalley
Adult Christian Romance
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.85
Pages: 304
Release Date: April 1, 2012


Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis from Goodreads: 

It 's taken Audrey Regan years to establish herself as a wedding 
dress designer, and to date she 's been roped into creating dresses 
for nine of her girlfriends. Request #10 follows her vow to Just say no and comes from her very best friend. She can hardly turn Carly down 
Audrey arrives in Atlanta early to perform all of her maid-of-honor 
duties along with final fittings for a one-of-a-kind dress. But Carly 's 
wedding is nothing short of an event, complete with Prince Charming, 
and the festivities make Audrey question whether there 's a prince of 
her own anywhere in her future. Enter the groom 's brother and best 
man. Shaggy-haired, tattooed bad boy J.R. Hunt couldn t be any 
more different from Prince Charming if he rode in on a Harley Davidson. 
Oh, wait. He actually did ride in on a Harley.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 

My Overall Thoughts/ Impressions: I feel like the synopsis did an excellent job at capturing the spirit of this book. I'd like to start out by thanking the publisher and netgalley for allowing me to review this book.

This was the first book I've read by Sandra D. Bricker and I absolutely loved it. I'm definitely going to have to read the first two now. Yes, I read this out of order. Something I hate doing, but this sounded so good that I had to read it. I didn't feel lost at all. If I hadn't researched the synopsis of the first two novels, I might not have even known that characters from the previous novels were in this one. While reading the series in order is definitely recommended, I don't feel like a reader would feel lost if they didn't.

Having said that, I'd like to turn to why I loved this book. The writing style was so cute and lighthearted. I loved Bricker's flair. I also liked that the story took turn between Audrey's and J.R.'s perspectives. I love when romances switch off between the perspectives.

And I absolutely loved all the characters in this novel. I'm going to focus on J.R. and Audrey though. Audrey is the type of girl that I'd want as a best friend. She was a character that I connected to and enjoyed reading about. And then there was J.R. who was just roguish enough for me to love him, but at the same time an incredible guy. I love the part of the synopsis that says  "Oh, wait. He actually did ride in on a Harley." That right there captures a huge portion of his character.

The Christian element was really minor in the story and wasn't forced. It seemed very naturally placed. I wouldn't classify this as a Christian romance, but rather a romance that had a few Christian elements.

I loved this story and highly recommend it to anybody looking for a romantic comedy that is lighthearted, well-written, and just down right entertaining. 

In Summary: An entertaining, well-written romantic comedy that had me laughing out loud as I read it. A very enjoyable tale that comes highly recommended. 

Warnings/Side-notes: Nothing comes to mind. This novel is very clean.

The Wrap-Up: I loved this novel. I was laughing out loud nearly every six pages at something. My roommates were actually getting concerned. This book is one that I absolutely enjoyed. I'll have to go back and read the other two in the series and I definitely will be reading more from this author. Loved her style. 

Love,

Danica Page

Up Next: The Talisman of Faire by Jason N. Beil 


2 comments:

  1. This sounds deightful..thanks for sharing your awesome review

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kimba88, yes it was absolutely delightful. You are most welcome and thanks for commenting. I'm glad you liked my review!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)