Saturday, March 24, 2012

Book Review: The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carrie


The Forgiven Duke
(A Forgotten Castle Series, #2)
by Jamie Carrie
Received for Review from Publisher via Netgalley
Adult Christian Historical Romance
Release Date: July 1, 2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.19
Pages: 320

Before I get in to my review, here’s the summary available on Goodreads:

Tethered by her impulsive promise to marry Lord John Lemon - the path of least resistance - Alexandria Featherstone sets off toward Iceland in search of her parents with a leaden heart. A glimpse of her guardian, the Duke of St. Easton - the path less traveled by - on Dublin’s shore still haunts her.Will he come after her? Will he drag her back to London, quelling her mission to rescue her treasure-seeking parents, or might he decide to throw caution to the wind and choose Foy Pour Devoir: “Faith for Duty,” the St. Easton motto. The Featherstone motto Valens et Volens: “Willing and Able,” beats in her heart and thrums through her veins. She will find her parents and find their love, no matter the cost.The powerful yet wing-clipped Duke of St. Easton has never known the challenge that has become his life since hearing his ward’s name. Alexandria Featherstone will be the life or the death of him. Only time and God’s plan will reveal just how much this man can endure for the prize of love. 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I’d like to thank the publisher and the Netgalley team for allowing me to review this book.

I haven’t read the first book in this series which is saddening to me, because I absolutely loved this novel and the characters. I feel like Jamie did a great job at explaining what happened in the previous novel and I didn’t feel lost at all. I really enjoyed this novel and the overall story line.

I absolutely loved the character Gabriel. I loved his strength and his determination. He had his weaknesses and his moments of doubt, but he preserved and faced his trials with bravery.

Alex was also a great character to read about. She also had strength and even though she might have not always made the best decisions. Her heart was always in the right place and she tried to do the right thing. I loved her quiet determination.

I thought that the novel was very well-written and incredibly enjoyable.  I will definitely be interested in reading the next novel in this series and the first one as well.

In Summary: Jamie has created a tale full of adventure, intrigue, mystery, and romance that I definitely want to see how she concludes.

Warning/ Side-notes: Minor references to sex, but no actual sex scenes. Minor violence and torture scenes. These are very minor and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to anybody who was about sixteen or older.

The Wrap-up: This novel is written very well and I enjoyed reading it. I’m glad that I got to read this one and will definitely be interested in reading the next novel.  I wouldn’t say this is my favorite Christian novel that I’ve read, but it’s definitely one I recommend reading.

Love,

Danica Page

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I may have to have a look at it more closely. I like a lovely straight romance from time to time!

    Book Enslaved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my review!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)