Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Book Review: Her Restless Heart by Barbara Cameron


Her Restless Heart
(Stitches in Time, #1)
by Barbara Cameron
Received for Review from publisher via netgalley
Adult Christian Romance (Amish)
Pages: 304
Average Goodreads rating: 3.50
Release Date: April 1, 2012

Before I get into my review, here's the summary from Goodreads:

Mary Katherine is caught between the traditions of her faith and the 
pull of a different life. When Daniel, an Amish man living in Florida, 
arrives and shares her restlessness, Mary Katherine feels drawn to him 
and curious about the life he leads away from Lancaster County.   



But her longtime friend Jacob has been in love with her for years. 
He’s discouraged that she’s never viewed him as anything but a friend 
and despairs that he is about to lose Mary Katherine to this outsider.   

Will the conflicted Mary Katherine be lost to the Englisch world, or to 
Daniel, who might take her away to Florida? Or will she embrace her 
Amish faith and recognize Jacob as the man she should marry
 and build a life with?


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.


My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I'd like to start out by thanking the publisher and netgalley for allowing me to review this book.


I absolutely love Christian fiction and Amish fiction as well. I've read many books from this genre. However, this was the first book by Barbara Cameron that I've read. It certainly won't be the last one I read by her.


I was sucked into this book from the very beginning. I loved the characters. Jacob and Mary Katherine were characters that I absolutely loved.


 Mary Katherine feels like she doesn't belong in the Amish world and wonders if she belongs to the Amish world. I feel like that we have all had that moment where we wonder if we belong. Mary Katherine was   a character that just seemed so realistic. She had her flaws, but she was trying to be the best person she could. She didn't come from the best background, but she rose above it. I really liked her.


And then Jacob, he was so patient, understanding, and just the best friend a person could ask for. Yet, he too had his flaws. That was one thing that I loved. Nobody in this novel was perfect, but they were trying to be better people.


I also loved the writing style. It was fresh and inviting. I felt like I could easily get inside the characters' heads and understand them. Cameron's writing was great. Apparently, there were characters in this novel from her other books; however, I never felt lost. It did, however, make me want to read her other series. This was a great book that I enjoyed reading and will definitely continue to keep my eye on this author.


In Summary: A wonderfully written book about discovering where you belong, faith, and just maybe even love. Cameron's writing was fresh and inviting. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this author and this series.


Warnings/Side-notes: Nothing comes to mind. A very clean book that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anybody.


The Wrap-up: I've always loved this genre, and this book was no exception. Barbara Cameron did a great job at blending themes of faith, love, and self-discovery. I loved her characters because they weren't perfect, but they were on the right track. I definitely enjoyed this one. 


Love,


Danica Page


Up Next: The Night She Disappeared by April Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)