Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Review: Saving Hope by Margaret Daley


Saving Hope
(Men of The Texas Rangers, #1)
by Margaret Daley
Received for Review by publisher via Netgalley
Adult Contemporary Christian Romantic fiction
Release Date: March 1, 2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.36
Pages: 336

Before I get into my review, here's the summary from Goodreads:

When a teenager goes missing from the Beacon of Hope School, Texas Ranger Wyatt Sheridan and school director Kate Winslow are forced into a dangerous struggle against a human trafficking organization. But the battle brings dire consequences as Wyatt's daughter is terrorized and Kate is kidnapped. Now it's personal, and Wyatt finds both his faith and investigative skills challenged as he fights to discover the mastermind behind the ring before evil destroys everyone he loves.
"Through crisp writing, Daley paints life-like characters engaged in a believable struggle that kept me turning pages to the satisfying ending." Richard L. Mabry, MD, Author of Lethal Remedy and the Prescription For Trouble series.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, as always, I'd like to thank netgalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to review this novel.
And now for my thoughts: This may be the best Christian fiction novel I've read this year. I absolutely loved the characters, the plot, the writing, and just everything about this novel.
Daley's ability to create a world that readers will fall in love with. This is a book that I'm definitely going to be buying and one that I could see myself reading this one over and over again. I will also be anxiously waiting for the sequel to come out. 
I'm going to start by talking about Wyatt and Kate. I loved both of these characters. They weren't perfect, but they were trying their hardest to live a righteous life and to be the best people they could. I loved their relationship and definitely hope we get to see them again in the sequel. 
Daley's writing was enjoyable. The whole time I was intrigued by her tale. Her writing really was crisp and yet descriptive, inviting, and basically just beautifully crafted. 
I also really liked the character Rose. Rose's courage and ability to overcome her past was touching and inspiring. I definitely loved learning about her story and hope to learn more about her in the sequel as well.
Basically, this novel was brilliantly written and one that I absolutely adored reading. It was cute, inspiring, fun, heart-breaking, informative, and entertaining at the same time. It touched upon some serious issues in society (prostitution), but did it in a way that is clean and could be read by anybody who could get past the initial shock that this novel centers around a sensitive issue.
In Summary: A meaningful read that was touching, inspiring, entertaining, and beautifully written. One of my favorite, if not my favorite, Christian fiction novels that I've read this year.
Warnings/ Side-notes: This novel centers around Kate who has opened a shelter for teenage girls who used to be prostitutes. However, this novel is really clean. It doesn't go into any detail. It only even mentions sex once. The novel is about girls who are overcoming a rough past, and not the actual life/acts of a prostitute. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anybody who could handle that initial premise.
The Wrap-up: I loved this novel. I can't wait until I can actually buy this one. This author has distinguished herself in my mind right up there with Dee Henderson and Irene Hannon. Definitely an author that I love and will be keeping tabs on. Definitely recommend this one.
Love,
Danica Page

2 comments:

  1. I read this book a long time ago and can't wait to read the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)