Saturday, March 31, 2012

IMM (18)





Hello, this is my seventeenth week involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the last two weeks.

This week I got a lot of unexpected books. It was a great book week. 

Books I borrowed:


The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen- Alyssa Hoffmaster from The Book Blog Experience let me borrow this one. I was hooked the second I saw the cover. And besides I really love art. I just thought this one would be so cute. I'm so glad, she let me borrow this one. You're my favorite. 


Books I received for Review:




Fated by Alyson Noel- Totally out of the blue, I check the mail and this is in there. St.Martin's Press send me an arc in the mail and I wasn't expecting it. Basically I was thrilled and did a happy dance.


Books I received for review from Netgalley:




Uneasy Fortunes by Mandi Ellsworth- This one just looked good. It's a historical romance. Civil War South. Guy with battered past...I'm in. 




The Chase by DiAnn Mills- I love love love love love love this author. I can't wait to read this one. Christian romantic suspense is my all-time fav. Love that I got this one. I love the cover too. 




Leah's Choice by Emma Miller- This one sounds interesting. It's Amish fiction. I'm in. I'm not fond of the cover, but I love the plot line. Forbidden courtship, I'm in.




The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck- This one sounds interesting. I like the cover on this one. One Dress. Four Women. Sounds a little sisterhood-ish, but not at all. 




The Veil of Pearls by MaryLu Tyndall- This one just looks good. She's a runaway slave but one who can pass as a white, and when a white falls in love with her what will he do. This sounds great.




The Hunter's Prize by Marcia Gruver- It just sounds really good.


Living in Harmony by Mary Ellis- I've read a book by her before and enjoyed it. So I have high hopes for this one.




The Far Side of the Sky by Daniel Kalla- This one is one that I love the cover on, so I really hope this is the final cover. It's about the Kristallnacht and Japan and China. And basically it just looks good. 

That's it for me. What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments. I read every single one. 




~Danica Page

21 comments:

  1. I really liked The Fine Art although most people didn't like it!
    I hope you enjoy it too!
    You got a lot of books this week!

    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the mixed feelings about it, but I definitely am excited to read it.

      Delete
  2. You got some great books this week, I'm looking forward to The Fine Art of Truth or Dare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only a few pages in so far. Not enough to judge it, but its intriguing.

      Delete
  3. I've seen The Fine Art of Truth or Dare around a fair bit lately and it looks really good. I hope that you enjoy reading it and all the other fabulous books that you got this week!

    Wanna check out my IMM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renae, it is funny that it's popping up this week, because it's been out for awhile.

      Thanks I also hope I enjoy them. And thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  4. The Find Art of Truth or Dare looks cute. I'm curious about Fated. I didn't like the Immortal series by that author so I'm a little weary about reading her other stuff. Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely mailbox. I an curious about Uneasy Fortunes and will look forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimba88, I was curious about it as well so I figured I'd give it a shot. And thanks I'm glad you liked my mailbox.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed The Fine Art of Truth or Dare and hope you do too. Got a book in the mail out of the blue recently as well. I forgot to include it in this week's IMM, but there is always the next one. Happy reading!

    My IMM
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I love books that come out of the blue.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know it sounds really good. I can't wait to get to it.Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  8. Awesome books. I can't wait to read Fated and The Fine Art of Truth or Dare. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, those two do look very exciting.

      Delete
  9. Fine art of Truth or Dare has been on my wishlist I should order that soon! Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my wishlist for forever as well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. A nice haul this week, I can't wait to read Fated - Happy reading!!

    My IMM - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-imm-2nd-april.html

    Have a great week, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that one looks really good. Thanks for leaving your link and have a great week as well!

      Delete
  11. So many good ones! Lucky girl, I'm most jealous of FATED. Have fun with those!

    http://www.leavemommyalone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll let you know what I think of Fated.

      And thanks for leaving your link!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)