Sunday, March 11, 2012

In My Mailbox (16)



Hello, this is my sixteenth week involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the week.

This week I didn't receive as many books as I did last week, which is probably a very good thing. Otherwise, there's no way I'd be able to read them all.



Books I received for review from authors:




Fiji by Lance and James Morcan- This one is a 19th century historical romance about the country Fiji. I am looking forward to learning more about this one. It's written by a father and son team and looks intriguing. I should hopefully be getting to this one soon. I usually don't read this genre as much as YA, but I'm excited to read it. 




Fire and Light (Protectors Prequels, #2) by Emily Ann Ward- I've loved everything I've read by this author so far, and have high hopes for it. Definitely check out the Protectors Series.




Books I received for review from Netgalley:




The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks- It's about a girl who's friend was murdered in the park. Now she's determined to figure out what happened.I'm really excited for this one.




Hiding in Plain Sight by Amy Wallace- My fix for Christian fiction (Amish). It's about a police officer who works in a town that had a Mennonite village. It's supposed to have romance, suspense, and so much more I'm in. 




Putting Boys on the Ledge: (Book 1, A Girlfriend's Guide to Boys Series) by Stephanie Roe- I honestly don't know what to expect with this one, but I love the synopsis. It sounds like a cute YA chick-lit book. 





Angel of the Cove by Sandra Robbins- This one is also Christian Lit. It's about a girl who wanted to be a nurse, but it is sent in the Smoky Mountains to be a midwife. And of course she meets a handsome young man there. Sounds intriguing. 




Radiate by Marley Gibson- I've heard so much about this one. I hesitated to get this one, because it is about cancer. And I didn't know if I was up to reading this genre. We're about to find out. It just looks good and I've heard good things. 




The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland- I've been wanting to read this one for forever. I love the idea of  a girl trying to escape what her family wants for her, and finding new passions and maybe even a boy in the process. It sounds good. 




Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi- I got this one without really looking at a synopsis. And now that I did, I'm psyched about this one. It has a slight Persuasion element to it.  The whole girl loves boy, but chooses family over him. In this case, in order to save her family. Dystopian. Enough said. 

 What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments. I read every single one. Also any thoughts on which one I should read first. :)




~Danica Page

3 comments:

  1. T Summer My Life Began looks really cute! The rest is all new to me so I hope you enjoy them! Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. he Girl In The Park looks good!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing the cover for The Summer My Life Began and I really, really want to read it! Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)