Sunday, March 18, 2012

In My Mailbox (17)




Hello, this is my seventeenth week involved with In My Mailbox, a weekly blogging meme hosted by The Story Siren. The point is to share the books you have acquired over the last two weeks.

This week I received more books than last time. A very happy fact, but a fact that also means my time sleeping is going to be decreasing. It's just hard to go to sleep on time when you have such great books to read. 

Books I received for review from authors:




The Start-up and The Anti-Social Network (Start-up, #2) by Sadie Hayes- I wanted to read this one, so I was excited when Sadie asked me to review this one. It looks intriguing.  I also received the sequel. I'm definitely interested in getting to these two. 


Books I checked out from the library:




The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter- I was asked to review the sequel and so I checked this one out. I really enjoyed this one. I'll be interested in seeing what happens next. Review forthcoming.


Books I received for review from Netgalley:




Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf- I saw this one on a WoW a little while ago. I can't remember whose, but whoever it was thanks for bringing this one to my attention. It's about a girl who was in a car crash where her abusive boyfriend died. If only she remembered what happened before the crash. Sounds good. 




A Promise for Miriam by Vannetta Chapman- This one is an Amish Christian fiction novel. I love this genre 80% of the time and so I'm looking forward to reading this one.


(couldn't find cover art for this one, sorry)




Narc by Chrissa-Jean Chappell- This one sounds good. The first line in the synopsis reads: "You're going to hate me forever when you learn my secret." I love that. A seventeen year old was given a chance go to jail or become a narc. He chose to be a narc. Sounds good. 




The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda- This one just looks so good and so far I've heard good things about it. I'm definitely interested in this one.




Yesterday by C.K. Kelly Martin- This one also sounds really good. They are comparing it to some of my favorite books, which is always dangerous. But I figured I'd give this one a shot.




Unspoken by Sarah Rrees Brennan- This one just looks good. The cover, the synopsis, and the title all drew me in. 




The Next Target by Nikki Arana- The title drew me in and so did the idea of the whole novel really. I'm really excited for this one. 




Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahaim- I have a feeling like this is going to be one of those books that is hard to read because it breaks your heart. However, it looks really good. It's about slavery and well it looks good, so I'm in. 




Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay- I finally managed to track down the first one. And it's about Romeo and Juliet, so yeah I have to read these two. 




Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer- This one also just looked good, and I liked the title and the synopsis. 




Burn by Heath Gibson- This one just looked really intriguing. It seems to be dealing with a lot of family issues and I usually like these books. To those who care, there is a gay character. However, he's not the main character and so I think I'll be fine reading this one. 




The City's Son by Tom Pollock- It just looks intriguing. Yep, I just reread the synopsis and I want to read this one. Not overly fond of the cover, but it still sounds good.




Eyes of Justice by Liz Wheil with April Henry- I just read a book by April Henry and liked it so I thought I'd try this one. Plus, I love a good mystery. I'm excited for this one as well.


That's it for me. What did you guys get this week? Feel free to leave your link in the comments. I read every single one. 




~Danica Page

11 comments:

  1. The Hunt looks great. I got that one too and can't wait to read it. I loved The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted. Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Haul! Start Up is new to me but they look really, really cool. I will be adding that to my TBR list today.

    Happy Reading,

    Katrina @ Kindred Dreamheart
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh..you and I have so many of the same books to review..great minds think alike I guess. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Goddess Test, Unbroken and The Hunt look Great :) great haul!

    Here's my mailbox post :)
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Netgalley is so awesome!! I have Breaking Beautiful on my wishlist and can't wait to read it.
    You can find my Mailbox here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer, I agree the Hunt does look good. I really enjoyed The Goddess Test and can't wait to read the second one.

    @Katrina, thanks. I don't know what it is about this series, but the cover just looks so intriguing.

    @Kimba88, I definitely agree with you. Our lists tend to be pretty similar. I will likewise be looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    @Beccabooklover, thanks for commenting and stopping by. And I really enjoyed the Goddess Test.

    @Miss Page-Turner, I definitely agree. I love netgalley. Breaking Beautiful does sound really fantastic doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danica!!!

    I'm totally curious what you think of The Goddess Test!! :-D

    Soooo many books. I've been watching a few of 'em and some are new to me... FUN!!!

    Thx for hopping by my Sunday!! http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops!! That was the wrong link......... this is the one I meant to grace ya with:

    -Burgandy Ice

    ReplyDelete
  9. THe Hunt! I can't wait to read that one myself, looks fabulous. Narc looked really good too! I would love to read that one but there's no time in my review schedule :( Breaking Beautiful sounds good but also a little sad. Unspoken - definitely going to check that one out, it looks fabulous! Love that cover!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, I hope you love all your books :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm about to start the Goddess Test (and you've already finished it :)). I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

    Steph @ Steph's Stacks

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Laura, it happens to the best of us. And thanks you are welcome.

    @Fireflywishes, I'm discovering that I have very little self-control when it comes to books. I'm giving up sleep for reading. Probably not the smartest. :)

    @Stephanie, thanks for stopping by. Thanks! I'm glad you like my blog. And I love your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)