Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (15) and W.W.W. Wednesday (14)


~Waiting On Wednesday (15)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read. 

This is my fourteenth time participating in this meme.This week I have once again chosen two young adult books. Since my Top Ten Tuesday focused on contemporary realistic fiction, I'm going to venture into the paranormal land with this one. 


The first one is Underworld by Meg Cabot. This one is released on May 28,2012. I just finished the first one in the series, Abandon, so naturally I have to read this one. I'm really excited for this one. 


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back. 

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead. 

Not this time. 

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey. 

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves. 

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies. 

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape. 




The second one is Fated (Soul Seekers) by Alyson Noel. Confession: I've read Evermore, but haven't read any of the others in that series yet. I really need to do that. That read was enjoyable, but not necessarily absolutely spectacular. I do, however, have really high hopes for this one. It sounds so good. 


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


Lately strange things have been happening to Daire Santos. Animals follow her, crows mock her, and glowing people appear out of nowhere. Worried that Daire is having a nervous breakdown, her mother packs her off to stay in the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico with a grandmother she’s never met. 

There she crosses paths with Dace, a gorgeous guy with unearthly blue eyes who she’s encountered before...but only in her dreams. And she’ll get to know her grandmother—a woman who recognizes Daire’s bizarre episodes for what they are. A call to her true destiny as a Soul Seeker, one who can navigate between the worlds of the living and the dead. Her grandmother immediately begins teaching her to harness her powers—but it’s an art that must be mastered quickly. Because Dace’s brother is an evil shape-shifter who’s out to steal her powers. Now Daire must embrace her fate as a Soul Seeker and find out if Dace is one guy she’s meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she’s destined to destroy.


And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (14)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my thirteenth week participating in this meme.




What am I currently reading? 




I'm currently reading Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings. It's about a 14 year old girl who is going blind and learns that she has to go to a school for the blind to learn necessary skills to survive. I'm not too far, but it's really good so far. This is the type of the novel that makes me feel so blessed and so fortunate.




The Talisman of Faerie by Jason N. Beil--I will finish this one this week. It's really good, I've just been really busy. This one's YA fantasy. I'm almost 2/3 done.




An Uncommon Grace by Serena Miller-Christian/Amish fiction. Not too far, but it's good so far.


What did I recently finish reading?



I just finished Abandon by Meg Cabot and loved it. I still need to post my review of this one. I also read Hope's Journey by Stephanie Worlton and loved it. My review of that one will be up on the 30th. I also finished Shifting Light by Emily Ann Ward. My review is here.

What do I think I'll read next?


A million books, but these two are definite ones.




Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy- I received the first one for review and reviewed it here on the blog awhile ago. I'm really excited to read the second one as well.




 Fire and Light by Emily Ann Ward- I've received a lot of books for review from this author. This is the second in her Protectors prequels novels, and I'm psyched to read this. 

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

~Danica Page

21 comments:

  1. Underworld sounds good. I am currently reading a patricia briggs novel from my tbr pile Silver Borne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Abandon too. Looking forward to Afterworld. I've never read a Alysson Noel book. I've got to check her out. Good selections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Abandon yet, but want to and I own it luckily. I can't wait for Fated. Love the cover and synopsis. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abandon and Underworld sound awesome! I need to read those!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great books, I won a arc of Fated so I'm definitely looking forward to reading that one!

    check out my wow?

    http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Abandon. The next book in that series looks really good. I'm currently reading The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay.

    http://jrafterdark.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-something-like-normal-by-trish.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to read ABANDON, but am dying to get my hands on a copy of FATED. Awesome WoW picks! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there :) just popping in... I've read a few Alysson Noel books, so Fated should be a great read. Nice choices.

    :) Here is my choice...

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cover of Fated! It sounds like an interesting read (:

    Thanks for sharing!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the covers and blurbs! They sound exciting.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kimba88, That's really cool and yes I think Underworld looks good.

    @June G, thanks and what did you think of Abandon?

    @Jennifer, I liked it, so I'd recommend getting to it soon. And Fated looks awesome. Thanks for commenting. :)

    @Jennifer M, the first one was good and it's a Meg Cabot book. You can't go wrong with a Cabot book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Van Pham, I'm jealous. I wish I had won a arc of Fated. Hope you enjoy it. And thanks for leaving your link.

    @MissKimberly Stardust, thanks! And I know I want to read both of these as well.

    @J.R., yep Abandon is recommended. And that sounds cool. I'll have to check that book out.

    @Carina, thanks I'm glad you liked them. And I know they both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Bookslave, yeah I have high hopes for it. And thanks for popping in.

    @Celine, my thoughts exactly. How can the book not be good with a cover like that? :) Thanks for stopping by.

    @Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow, I'm glad you liked the covers and the blurbs. And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abandon looks wonderful :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/www-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really want to read fated too. i like the synopsis :)

    my WoW pick.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Library Snake, thanks for commenting and leaving your link.

    @Chelleyreads, the synopsis does sound really good. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!
    Here's my WWW :)

    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/03/www-wednesday-mar14.html

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. SWEET books!I have P. Briggs in my WANT TO BE READING pile LOL REALLY glad I stopped by because I was going to start doing WWW and WoW every other week, now I am going to combine them.. AWESOME idea!

    Here is mine from my little cabin paradise in Alaska! WWW Wednesday {March 14}

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Peek a Book, thanks for stopping by.

    @Kwizgiver, thanks for stopping by.

    @Kriss, thanks and I'm glad I could help you out, but I don't think I can take credit for this idea. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)