Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (16) and WWW Wednesday (15)



~Waiting On Wednesday (16)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read. 

This is my sixteenth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen one young adult novel and one adult Christian fiction novel.


The first one is The Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt.This one comes out on April 20,2012. The cover looks so incredible and the idea of the novel just sounds so great. 


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads: 


To add to your shelf, click here.
What if you were mankind’s last chance at survival? 

Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Faced with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly. 

Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones. There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity—and overwhelming in its danger. 

But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life? 




The second one is The Chase by DiAnn Mills. This one is released on March 27,2012. As soon as I get paid and it's past March 27, I'm buying this one. I love this author so much.  


UPDATE: Luckily, I just got a copy of this from netgalley! Yes! I'll probably still end up buying it though.


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


To add to your shelf, click here.
To the FBI it's a cold case. To Kariss Walker it's a hot idea that could either reshape or ruin her writing career. And it's a burning mission to revisit an event she can never forget. Five years ago, an unidentified little girl was found starved to death in the woods behind a Houston apartment complex. A TV news anchor at the time, Kariss reported on the terrifying case. Today, as a New York Times bestselling author, Kariss intends to turn the unsolved mystery into a suspense novel.Enlisting the help of FBI Special Agent Tigo Harris, Kariss succeeds in getting the case reopened. But the search for the dead girl's missing mother yields a discovery that plunges the partners into a witch's brew of danger. The old crime lives on in more ways than either of them could ever imagine. Will Kariss's pursuit of her dream as a writer carry a deadly price tag?Drawing from a real-life cold case, bestselling novelist DiAnn Mills presents a taut collage of suspense, faith, and romance in The Chase. 

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (15)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my fifteenth week participating in this meme.




What am I currently reading? 




I'm currently reading The Forgiving Duke by Jamie Carie-It looks really good. It's Christian fiction and I do love Christian fiction.




Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy- I reviewed the first novel in this series for her, and am excited to see what happens next. This one is Young Adult fantasy.


What did I recently finish reading?


I just finished Spirit's Princess by Esther Friesener. This one is a historical novel set in third century Japan and is about a shaman. I just barely finished this one. Review forthcoming.




The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. I really liked this one can't wait to get to the second on in this series. And luckily I have it on netgalley.




Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings- I also enjoyed this one. Not as good as I had hoped it would be, but still really good. My review of this one is also up. 

What do I think I'll read next?




The Starters by Lissa Price- I'm really looking forward to getting this one. The synopsis just sounds so creepily fantastic. 




Welcome, Caller, this is Chloe by Shelley Coriell- I received this one from netgalley and need to get to reading it. This one just sounds cute and like it will be an enjoyable read. 

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

~Danica Page

57 comments:

  1. Great WoW pick! I want to read that one too. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. And yes, this one does look fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know it's just so good. Glad I'm not alone.

      Delete
  3. Hi there :) just popping in...
    Chosen Ones seems interesting!

    :) Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes in my opinion this one does sound really good.

      Delete
  4. Love the sound of CHOSEN ONES and can't wait to read it. It's actually on my tbr-pile for this week as I was lucky enough to receive an eARC.

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Congrats on getting an arc. I'll be interested in seeing what you think of it!

      Delete
  5. Wopoo great post. I still havent gotten around to reading Goddess Test...soon though!

    http://lovelylit.blogspot.com/2012/03/www-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it. It's pretty good. Thanks for leaving your link!

      Delete
  6. Interesting picks :)

    Here is my WWW
    http://www.ginaslibrary.info/2012/03/20/www-wednesdays-mar-21/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and leaving your link!

      Delete
  7. I started Blindsided eons ago then had to put it aside for some reason. I really should pick it up again and finish it.

    My WWW Wednesday is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend finishing it. It's pretty good. Not absolutely great, but still an enjoyable read.

      Delete
  8. Love your picks! I have to say that Wednesday is my favorite day because I find so many great books to add to my shelf. And these will definitely be added! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Wednesday really is a great day for me too because all of all the new books I find. I'm glad you liked me picks!

      Delete
  9. I NEED Chosen Ones!!!! like NOW!!! I mean it has an epic summary AND the main character has MY name!!! that is going to be so AWESOME to read!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! I already went to goodreads and added it to my TBR pile! :D & thanks for stopping by my blog!

    http://tessmw.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-expel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the sentiment, and if the character has your same name that's double reason to read it. :)

      Delete
  10. The Chosen Ones sound great! I wonder when it's going to happen that I finally get sick of dystopians... hopefully not anytime soon! I'm enjoying them immensely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I never get sick of dystopians. They are so good. :)

      Delete
  11. Your WOW picks look good! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. And I loved your pick as well!

      Delete
  12. Wait while I look at the cover of The Chosen Ones for a sec...

    Wait...

    Okay. That is so gorgeous. I can't wait for this one either, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the cover is absolutely gorgeous. That might be 40% of why I want to read this!

      Delete
  13. Hi!
    Here’s my WWW
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/03/www-wednesday-mar21.html

    :)

    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link. I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  14. The cover of Chosen Ones reminds me of another cover.. If only I knew which one. In any case, great pick! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that feeling. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Ok ,those Wow books sound really good. My TBR pile is getting bigger and bigger. Nice thing--never heard of WoW.

    I did do the WWW though on my blog. hopewelsh.blogspot.com

    Might do both like you're doing! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my TBR pile is going to take me the rest of my life to read and maybe longer. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like doing both, but it does get busy. :)

      Delete
  16. I'm dying to read Chosen Ones! I love dystopians! Such a gorgeous cover too. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it looks go good. And I love dystopian novel even if there are a million of them. You're welcome!

      Delete
  17. I'm just about to start my ARC of The Chase! Hope you enjoy when you get the chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to get to it. I might bump it up on the list now. I have really high hopes for it. You're welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to check yours out!

      Delete
  19. Hey Danica, how are you? You have a lovely blog. I am now a follower.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing great. And I'm glad you like my blog. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  20. I haven't heard of any of your books! Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Definitely recommend these ones!

      Delete
  21. Great pick! I haven't heard of this, but it sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound really good. You're welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. Great WOW pick! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and yes it does look terrific!

      Delete
  23. Great WoW picks, The Chase sounds amazing!

    Sharon @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the chase sounds so good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  24. I really want to read Starters! It sounds awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it looks really creepy, but really good.

      Delete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my WoW post! Chosen Ones has me really intrigued. I definitely want to get my hands on it once it comes out. Great picks today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. It does sound very intriguing. Thanks!

      Delete
  26. Ohh! Both of those looks really good. o: I've only seen the first one before though and am extremely excited about it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The first one does look really good. And you're welcome.

      Delete
  27. Great picks. I love finding new books to read! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Finding new books to read are great. You're welcome.

      Delete
  28. Ooh, absolutely love the sound of The Chosen Ones. The gorgeous cover certainly helps a treat too. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the cover and synopsis sound so good. You're very welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  29. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds like it'll be a great book. My goodreads list keeps growing! There are a few books with similar ideas that I loved and hopefully this one won't disappoint! The cover is really pretty too. :)

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)