Monday, April 16, 2012

Book Review: Interrupted by Rachel Coker


Interrupted 
by Rachel Coker
Received for Review from publisher via netgalley
Young Adult Christian Historical Fiction
Release Date: February 14, 2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.92
Pages: 320

Before I get into my review, here's the summary from Goodreads:

Can love really heal all things? If Sam Carroll hadn't shown up, she might have been able to get to her mother in time. Instead, Allie Everly finds herself at a funeral, mourning the loss of her beloved mother. She is dealt another blow when, a few hours later, she is sent from Tennessee to Maine to become the daughter of Miss Beatrice Lovell, a prim woman with a faith Allie cannot accept. Poetry and letters written to her mother become the only things keeping Allie's heart from hardening completely. But then Sam arrives for the summer, and with him comes many confusing emotions, both toward him and the people around her. As World War II looms, Allie will be forced to decide whether hanging on to the past is worth losing her chance to be loved.

My Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I'd like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this.

I went into this novel not really knowing what to expect. I liked the cover and thought the synopsis sounded intriguing, but I hadn't heard much about it.

I was pleasantly surprised and ended up really liking this one. I enjoyed the characters Allie and Sam very much. Watching their interactions from their late childhood into their budding adult years.

This novel was very moving and beautifully written. I enjoyed seeing Allie progress and overcome the sorrows of her past. Coker wrote this novel in a beautiful manner that I absolutely adored.

This was another young adult christian fiction book. I haven't read very many of these and have fallen in love with all the ones I have read thus far. I've always enjoyed adult christian fiction, and I'm quickly beginning to love young adult fiction as well.

The novel may have moved slow in some parts, but I barely even noticed that. I was too caught up in the story to care. This is one that I definitely recommend. 

In Summary: A compelling and poignant historical christian young adult novel set in the middle of Word War II. Definitely one that I recommend reading.

Warnings/Side-notes: None come to mind. 

The Wrap-up: I really enjoyed reading this novel. Like I mentioned earlier, I loved the characters, the plot, and basically everything about this novel. Definitely recommend this to all who love christian fiction or historical fiction. 

Love,

Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (310) books (278) Book Review (259) asked to review (167) blogging (132) meme (107) writing (98) review (95) young adult (86) series (85) fiction (70) blog tour (69) netgalley (66) romance (61) realistic (59) contemporary (56) adult (51) arc (47) christian (41) reading addiction blog tours (40) characters (38) Waiting on Wednesday (35) writing process (35) 2012 (34) my favorites (34) 2013 (32) Teaser Tuesday (28) IMM (27) Top Ten Tuesday (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) guest post (24) new adult (22) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) fantasy (18) historical fiction (18) letters (18) suspense (18) paranormal (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) excerpt (13) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) author spotlight (11) debut (11) editing (11) mystery (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) dystopia (10) promo (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) chick-lit (9) covers (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) sci-fi (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) winners (6) 2014 (5) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) retelling (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) standalone novel (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) novella (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) rant (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) inspirational (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)