Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book Review: Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares


Sisterhood Everlasting
(Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5)
by Ann Brashares
Received for Review from publisher via netgalley
Young Adult/Adult Realistic Contemporary
Release Date: June 14, 2011
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.84
Pages: 349

Before I get into my review, here is the summary that's available on Goodreads:

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Brashares comes the welcome return of the characters whose friendship became a touchstone for a generation. Now Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget have grown up, starting their lives on their own. And though the jeans they shared are long gone, the sisterhood is everlasting.

Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.

Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

As moving and life-changing as an encounter with long-lost best friends, Sisterhood Everlasting is a powerful story about growing up, losing your way, and finding the courage to create a new one.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off I'd like to thank the publisher and netgalley for allowing me to review this book.

I didn't reread the series before reading this one and now I'm definitely thinking I'm going to need to. This book in two words is heartbreakingly beautiful. 

I've always loved this series--I feel in love with the characters, the writing, and the plot immediately. I was thrilled to see that Ann was writing another novel in this series. 

I started reading and I flew through it. I know a few people thought this book was depressing or boring; however, I was never bored with this book. I enjoyed watching as each character struggled to find their right path. I felt every emotion they felt.

I've always thought Ann was an incredible writer. The ending to this novel was perfect, to go back to my earlier phrase it was heartbreaking but beautiful. Fans of this series should love this novel. It's one that I feel readers of all ages will love.

In Summary: Ann has created another novel that fans of the Sisterhood will love. The conclusion is heartbreaking and yet beautiful at the same time. Definitely recommend this one.

Warnings/Side-notes: The book swears often, but only uses the f word a few times. This novel talks about sex and related topics as well. This book reads the same as the other ones in the series. 

The Wrap-up: I feel much more satisfied with this ending than the fourth one (the one I thought was the end). However, it broke my heart at the same time. It was absolutely beautiful and yet tragic at the same time. Read this one if you have loved this series. 

Love,

Danica Page

Up Next: Summer of the Wolves by Lisa Williams Kline


2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about this book. Beautiful and heartbreaking. Was not expecting it to be so sad, but I loved it! I'm a big fan of Ann's writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting it to be sad either, yet I still loved it too. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)