Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Short Story/Book Review: Between by Cambria Hebert


Between
(Heven and Hell, #1.5)
by Cambria Hebert
Received for Review from Author
Young Adult Paranormal
Release Date: April 20,2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.30
ebook

Before I get into my review, here is the summary from Goodreads:

I grew up in a comfortable house with two parents and a white-picket fence. My brother, Sam, and I used to play with sticks in the backyard and pretend they were swords. There were always cookies on the table and milk in the fridge. Then, one day, things changed.


Sam changed.

Life was never the same again. Sam left. My parents abandoned him when he needed them most, and I was left to survive in a house that was merely a shell of what it used to be. Mom cried all the time and Dad expected me to fill the void my brother left behind. But mostly, all we did was pretend. We pretended that things weren’t messed up. We pretended that Sam never existed.

Until I changed, too.

Now, everything’s a mess and I’m so confused. It’s like there are two different people trapped inside one body—my body—and one of them wants out. I do things. Bad things and I don’t know how to stop. I’m not sure I want to. The only way I can be normal again is if I find Sam. He’ll know what to do.

He has too.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I'd like to thank Cambria for giving me a copy of this to review.

Secondly, if you haven't read Masquerade (Heven and Hell, #1), go read it right now. It is absolutely beautiful. My review of Masquerade can be found here for those who are interested. 

In an earlier review, I  already mentioned that Cambria Hebert has become synonymous for a great read. That holds true. I absolutely adored reading this short story, which is a little shy of 40 pages. Cambria has a way of crafting characters that I absolutely love and writing in a way that sucks me into the story.

I enjoyed reading this short story from Logan's perspective. Logan came into play near the end of the Masquerade and I was curious and wanted to learn more about him. I loved the way Cambria expounded his character in Between. This short story helped me understand Logan's character and made me even more interested in reading Charade, the sequel to Masquerade which comes out in May 2012.

Cambria's writing is always top-notch and this short story is incredible. I definitely recommend buying this one. It comes out in two days so be sure to go download this one then. 

In Summary: Cambria Hebert has done it again. Her flawless writing and art of creating a story I will love has become a given. Definitely recommend this short story and anything by her. 

Warnings/Side-notes: Very clean.

The Wrap-up: I really enjoy this author's stories and the way she constructs them. Can't wait to see what happens next. 

Love,

Danica Page

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful review. Thank you so much. I am going to quote a little of this on Twitter in a bit I think! lol.
    Thank you again, your reviews are always so well written and professional. I appreciate the time you took to read and review my novella.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. And yes, feel free to quote any part of it you'd like.

      Have a great day too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)