Monday, April 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (19) and Top Ten Books to Read in a day


~Teaser Tuesday~

This week marks the nineteenth time I've participated in Teaser Tuesday. This meme is hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading. 

The rules are really simple. Just grab the book you're reading and turn to a random page. Pick two sentences and post them along with the page number, book, and author.

Without further ado here is my Teaser Tuesday for this week.


I'm currently reading The Academie by Susanne Dunlap. I got this on netgalley. I've only read one other book by her, but I loved it. I'm about 2/3 done and so far this one is really good. 

Here's the summary from Goodreads:


Eliza Monroe-daughter of the future president of the United States-is devastated when her mother decides to send her to boarding school outside of Paris. But the young American teen is quickly reconciled to the idea when-ooh, la-la!-she discovers who her fellow pupils will be: Hortense de Beauharnais, daughter of Josephine Bonaparte; and Caroline Bonaparte, youngest sister of the famous French general. It doesn't take long for Eliza to figure out that the two French girls are mortal enemies—and that she's about to get caught in the middle of their schemes. 

Loosely drawn from history, Eliza Monroe's imagined coming of age provides a scintillating glimpse into the lives, loves, and hopes of three young women during one of the most volatile periods in French history.



And now here's my teaser. 


"'You're a girl, aren't you?' I nod, thinking I may as well start
the tale then, but she puts her hand on my arm to stop me.
"And you're in love with Eugene.'
Now it is my turn to weep. "
~page 243 (for me at least)

That's all for me. Which book did you pick this week. Please comment and leave your link. I check out every single link and respond" to every comment. :)

~Top Ten Tuesday~

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday.

 Top Ten Books to read in a day

This one is a tough one...hmm...I'm just going to do my favorite 10 books I read in one day that I think other people could read it a day.




10. Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers- It's entertaining at some level and a very easy read. I definitely think that any book in this series could be read in a day.


9. Divergent by Veronica Roth- This one is so good. I read this one in a day. I can't wait until the second one comes out.


8. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- Any of these could be read in a day. They are so good. Plus, the movie just came out so you have incentive to read these.


7. The Starters by Lissa Price- This one is  so intense. It will draw you into the story. Man, all those twists. 


6. Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier- Oh my gosh, how I loved this one. Beautiful writing, compelling plot, and characters you love to hate.


5. Matched by Ally Condie- I read this in one day. It's entertaining, well-written, plus it's dystopian with a love triangle.


4. Ditched by Robin Mellon- Easy, cute, fun read. This one had me laughing out loud. 


3. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund- Love this author and loved this book. Definitely a cute read that I recommend.


2.  If I Stay by Gayle Foreman- Cute read, but one that will draw you into the story. It's also fairly short. 


1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- This novel had me absolutely mesmerized. I had to keep turning the pages until next thing I knew I had finished it. 

And that's all for me. What top ten books did you recommend? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. I love reading them. :)

Love,
Danica Page

56 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved your list as well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I want to hear about this girl and her love for Eugene! lol Interesting. Also love the top 10 list. I don't particitpate in that meme because it so hard for me to stay in my limits! LOL But I read a lot of the book you listed in one day as well, Ditched, If I Stay, Divergent, Matched, and the Twilight books.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my teaser. And yes, I've noticed many people have a hard time just doing ten.

      Thanks for leaving a link!

      Delete
  3. Love your teaser! It's fun when an author takes real historical characters and puts them in a fictional setting. This sounds like a fun book.
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also love when an author combines historical fiction with fiction.

      And thanks for leaving your link. I enjoyed your teaser.

      Delete
  4. Awww someone can see right into her heart. Sweet teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It comes at an interesting part in the book.

      Delete
  5. Hi there, just popping in... Great list, so many books I need to read!

    :) Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed your list. Great picks. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Some of these sound really good, I'll check them out :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could introduce you to them, and thanks for leaving your link. I actually need to read a lot of the ones you picked.

      Delete
  7. For once I actually left Twilight off of my list, but it's a perfect choice! Great list.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Twilight, however, you feel about it seems to easily make these lists.

      Thanks! I loved your picks!

      Delete
  8. That's a really great teaser, I can't wait to read that book. Your list is great too I know there were some I was debating putting on there, there are just so many great ones. Here's my Teaser and if you want to check out my Top Ten
    Thanks,
    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same feelings. There are just so many great books. It's hard to choose.

      I loved both your list and your teaser. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  9. That sounds like a great book. That teaser is very interesting, but I like. Here's My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your teaser. Very interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Love that teaser, and the sound of this book....

    Love your blog header!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours was also very intriguing. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by. And thanks I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  11. Nice teaser! This is definitely something I'll have to check out - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesdays-to-z-challenge-c-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. And I liked yours as well. Blue is definitely an interesting person.

      Delete
  12. I can't wait to read If I Stay. It's staring at me from my bookshelf right now. Great list! And very fascinating teaser for the day. Def have to look into that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't got to read Where She Went yet though. It's very frustrating. If I Stay is great though. You should definitely read it.

      Delete
  13. Nice teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also enjoyed your teaser. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. The Hunger Games Made my list too. You are right about the Twilight series, they are entertaining and though the books look long, they could easily be read in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, Hunger Games are long, but they are so good that you just have to finish them.

      Delete
  15. What an interesting idea for a book! It sounds pretty good! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my tumblr page and checking out my TT! Your teaser is great btw. The Academie is in my tbr pile. I'm looking forward to reading it, especially because of the time period! As for TTT: I read HG, Divergent, Twilight and Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone in one day. I'm a new follower via Linky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. And yep those ones are good. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I also checked out your teaser. It was very intriguing.

      Delete
  18. I also cruised through If I Stay, it was so good! Actually, all the books on your list that I read were read over a day or two :) Excellent choices and great teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that one is fantastic. Thanks and you are most welcome.

      Delete
  19. Great teaser! I've been really curious about The Academies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks! So far I'm really liking this one.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. Amazing list!

    Here's my Top Ten. Would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I loved your list. I also love the classics.

      Delete
  21. Great list! I really really want to read Across the Universe! I've heard such good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to read Across the Universe. I'm glad you liked my list. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. There are some great books on that list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goodness yes! You have SO many books on this list I completely agree with, or otherwise are on my TBR. Ditched was so much fun, and yes, even Twilight is an all-consuming one-day read. Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my list. And yes Ditched is really cute.

      Delete
  24. I'm not sure how If I Stay was cute at all, because I nearly bawled my eyes out the first time around! The book is still drying from my flood of tears! lol Great choices, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad, but I thought it was cute. :) Maybe, I'm just strange though.

      Thanks I'm glad you liked my choice.

      Delete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my blog! You've put together a great list -- quite a few of my favourites too! I've been hearing lots of good things about Starters, so I'm excited to read it. I still haven't read Across the Universe, but everyone's been raving about book 2 -- must get on that asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks, I'm glad you liked my list.

      I also haven't read Across the Universe. I read Under the Never Sky and that one is good. I'm definitely waiting on that one.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. aww, poor girl. Great teaser pick, i am definitely curious! Happy reading, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad I could pique your curiosity.

      Delete
  27. As much as I love to hate Twilight, I did read it on a flight from Florida to Oregon. I was finished by the time we landed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hate Twilight too. It's just very readable in a short period.

      Delete
  28. Great list of books. Divergent is a book I wish I had read in one day, I hated having to put that one day.
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (324) books (307) Book Review (286) asked to review (183) blogging (135) review (117) meme (113) series (111) writing (98) young adult (96) romance (90) realistic (85) contemporary (81) netgalley (77) fiction (75) blog tour (69) adult (57) arc (50) christian (50) reading addiction blog tours (40) Waiting on Wednesday (38) characters (38) my favorites (38) new adult (36) 2012 (35) 2013 (35) writing process (35) Teaser Tuesday (29) Top Ten Tuesday (28) IMM (27) WWW Wednesdays (25) guest post (25) historical fiction (23) fantasy (22) suspense (22) The Chosen One (21) paranormal (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) debut novel 2012 (15) NWOC (14) giveaway (14) writing advice (14) excerpt (13) mystery (13) Black Rose (12) author spotlight (11) chick-lit (11) debut (11) dystopia (11) editing (11) promo (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) 2014 (9) covers (8) sci-fi (8) short story (8) standalone novel (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) retelling (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) novella (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) 2015 (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) sports (3) top 10 (3) 3 stars (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) inspirational (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)