Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (17) and WWW Wednesday (16)




~Waiting On Wednesday (17)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read. 

This is my seventeenth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen two young adult novels.


The first one is The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman. This one comes out on April 10, 2012. It sounds so creepy, yet I've heard good things and so I want to read it. I actually have a copy of this via netgalley. But I haven't got to it yet and won't for a little while. 


So even though I have it, I'm still waiting on it. :)


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads: 


It was like a nightmare, but there was no waking up.  When the night began, Nora had two best friends and an embarrassingly storybook one true love.  When it ended, she had nothing but blood on her hands and an echoing scream that stopped only when the tranquilizers pierced her veins and left her in the merciful dark. 

But the next morning, it was all still true: Chris was dead.  His girlfriend Adriane, Nora's best friend, was catatonic. And Max, Nora's sweet, smart, soft-spoken Prince Charming, was gone. He was also—according to the police, according to her parents, according to everyone—a murderer.

Desperate to prove his innocence, Nora follows the trail of blood, no matter where it leads. It ultimately brings her to the ancient streets of Prague, where she is drawn into a dark web of secret societies and shadowy conspirators, all driven by a mad desire to possess something that might not even exist. For buried in a centuries-old manuscript is the secret to ultimate knowledge and communion with the divine; it is said that he who controls the Lumen Dei controls the world. Unbeknownst to her, Nora now holds the crucial key to unlocking its secrets. Her night of blood is just one piece in a puzzle that spans continents and centuries. Solving it may be the only way she can save her own life.





The second one is Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis. This one is released on April 17, 2012. This one also sounds slightly creepy, but not as creepy as Blood and Shadow. I read the synopsis for this one a few months ago and I was absolutely hooked.  It sounds great. 


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


What if you forgot your identity and had to rely on other people to tell you who you were?

And what if to discover your true self, you first had to unravel a mystery so big and terrifying you were not sure you’d survive solving it?
 

When Marshall and Elyse wake up in each other’s arms with zero memory of how they got there or who they are, it’s the start of a long journey through their separate pasts and shared future. 

Terrified by their amnesia, the two make a pact to work together to find the answers that could jog their missing memories. As they piece together clues, they discover they’re in the idyllic mountain resort town of Summer Falls, where everyone seems mysteriously happy, but as Marshall and Elyse quickly learn, darkness lurks beneath the town’s perfect facade. Not only is the town haunted by sinister ghosts, but none of its living inhabitants retain bad memories of anything—not the death of Marshall’s mom, not the hidden shame in Elyse’s family, not even the day-to-day anguish of high school. 

Lonely in this world of happy zombies, Marsh and Elyse fall into an intense relationship...but the secrets they uncover could be the death of this growing love—and the death of everyone, and everything, they love in Summer Falls.


And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (16)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my sixteenth week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.




What am I currently reading?  


I'm currently reading: The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen. Alyssa Hoffmaster from the The Book Experience lend this one to me. So far it's pretty cute. I've been lusting after this cover, because I'm kind of an art junkie. I love art. Plus it's just cute. 


Fated by Alyson Noel- I received an arc of this one from the publisher completely out of the blue. As soon as I'm done, I'll be putting up a rafflecoppter  link to let three other readers borrow it. Kind of like they do with the dac arc tours. 


I've only read one other book by the author and it was good, but I haven't read anything else by her yet. I know a ton of people who really really like her though, and I have high hopes for this one. It is released this November. 


What did I recently finish reading?

I just finished reading: The Academie by Susanne Dunlap- (Young Adult Historical) This was my Teaser Tuesday novel. It's a very intriguing read. I love this author.


Bound by Annie Oldham- a cute fantasy novel. I really enjoyed reading this one. The author is a great writer. 


Gulliver's Travels by Jonathon Swift- I've tried two times before this time and I finally finished it...but only because it was assigned reading. Now, I have officially finished every book I've ever started reading.


A Sister's Forgiveness by Anna Schmidt- (Amish fiction) A very emotional well-written novel about forgiveness, faith, and family. 


Honor Redeemed by Loree Lough-  (Christian fiction) a book I really loved until I got to the ending. And then I was frustrated. 


Saving Hope by Margaret Daley- (Christian fiction) Arguably the best Christian fiction novel I've read ever. Definitely recommend. 


Unbreak my Heart by Melissa C. Walker- (Realistic Young Adult) Really cute, easy read.  I enjoyed reading this one.


and Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter- (Young Adult Fantasy) Intriguing read with a cliff hanger to die for. I'm going to have to read the next one.

What do I think I'll read next?


Next I will read: Transcendence by CJ Omolulu- (Young Adult Dystopian) Looks intriguing. What if your past became your future? It was intriguing enough to make me want to read it. 


Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard- (Young Adult Realistic)I've heard really good things about this book and this author. 


and Halfings by Heather Burch- (Young Adult paranormal) I've heard really good things about this one too.

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

~Danica Page

84 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Glimmer. I like Amnesia-related books, and from what I've seen around, it sounds like Glimmer has an interesting premise :).

    Right now I'm reading Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. Next up will probably be Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard (all those Kristens, lol!) - I've been meaning to read it forever, but kept putting it off XD.

    New follower, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this one does look really good. I've been wanting to read Article 5. And I'm also reading Wanderlove next.

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  2. All of these books sound awesome!! I can't wait to read Unbreak My Heart!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday..I am a new follower as well :D
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-39-pizza-love-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad that you like my books. Unbreak My Heart is a good one.

      I checked out your list. Thanks for sharing and I am now following your blog as well.

      Delete
  3. Love all of your choices, Book of Shadow is on my list! My wow will be out April 4 at midnight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will keep an eye out for your post.

      Delete
  4. These books sound great! I am really looking forward to reading Glimmer and Fated.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-4th-april.html

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know both of those look really good. Thanks for stopping by and I enjoyed your WoW post as well.

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I have the first for review from Netgalley and am currently reading the second for an ARC tour. It is definitely creepy and strange. I'm not sure exactly what I think yet, but it is intriguing!

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be curious to see what you think of it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked me picks. And I loved your picks too.

      Delete
  7. I'm dying to read Glimmer! Such a cool cover and storyline. I love amnesia books!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It sounds great. I loved your WoW post.

      Delete
  8. I saw the Book of Blood and Shadow somewhere (NG?) and thought about requesting it, but there are still so many books on my tbr pile.. ;_; Anyway, I hope you'll get to read it asap!

    New LinkyFollower!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I definitely need to read Armstrong novels.

      Delete
  9. Hey :) I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say HI! I can't wait to read The Book of Blood and Shadow either! :) Your blog is so cool... love the flowers :)

    My WoW

    Thanks!!

    -Riya

    The Teen Book Guru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the flowers on your blog too. And thanks I'm glad you liked my blog. I like yours as well. I'm now following your blog.

      Delete
  10. The Book of Blood and Shadow looks amazing and I definitely want to read it. Glimmer looks pretty cool, but it didn't totally grab me personally. I hope that you enjoy it, though. :) Great picks and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm a little iffy on Glimmer, but I've heard okay things about it.

      Delete
  11. Great picks for your WoW! The Book of Blood and Shadow definitely has that creep factor that I LOVE -- these types of reads always keep me up all night, haha.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it'll probably keep me up all night too.

      You're welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Man, two books I'm dying to read! It's like you read my mind :).
    I'm so happy they're coming out soon.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. And good to know we're on the same brainwave.

      Delete
  13. I'm really keen to read both Glimmer and The Book of Blood and Shadow! How are you finding Fated? I wasn't a big fan of the Evermore series - infact I only barely managed to get through book 3 before giving up on it altogether!

    I've just started my own book blog and my first ever WWW can be found here if you have a moment to check it out:
    http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/www-wednesday-1/

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read Evermore and haven't read any of the others. But this one sounds good.

      Congrats on your first WWW. And thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  14. You a reader of voracious appetite! WOW! I'm seriously impressed by your list of books - to read, currently reading and just read. Excellent books as well. I am interested in Transcendence. I came across that book during my blog hops and on goodreads. It sounds fantastic!

    Come check out my WWW Wednesday

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. Transcendence does seem really intriguing. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

      Delete
  15. The Book of Blood and Shadow sounds pretty intriguing! I love me some mystery. And I hope you enjoy Wanderlove as much as I did! I really liked that one. Happy Reading!

    Thank you for stopping by our blog! New follower here. :)
    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysteries are always good. I'm really excited to start Wanderlove.

      Thanks for the follow. I followed you as well.

      Delete
  16. The Book of Blood and Shadow sounds amazing, I just wish I didn't have so many books on my TBR :p great picks!. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that one. My TBR in the near future is so large and then the tbr pile of books I would like to eventually read is astronomical.

      You're most welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. Wow! You've been a busy reader this week! I am a bit envious. I'm also glad to hear that you are liking FINE ART OF TRUTH OR DARE...I've been hearing mixed things about it.

    My WWW Wednesday is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very far. I'm only 70 pages in. I will let you know what I think when I finish it.

      Delete
  18. The Book of Blood and Shadow sounds awesome! I don't know why I didn't see it on NetGalley! I'll have to check it out once it's released. I loved Glimmer, so I hope you do too! I also adore Goddess Interrupted!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when I miss a book on netgalley. I'm really excited to read Glimmer and am glad you liked it. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  19. Look like we have some of the same tastes. I have Fine art of Truth or Dare and Unbreak My Heart!
    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I meet people who have similar tastes.

      TI loved Unbreak my Heart. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  20. Congrats on making it all the way through Gullivers Travels! I can't say that I've finished every book I've ever started. Sometimes, I just can't get into a book. After giving it a good shot, I just can't keep going :)

    Here's my WWW Wednesday:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays-4412.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was quite pleased with myself. I just feel like I owe it to myself to finish reading them. But I know most people don't think like that.

      Thanks for leaving your link. I loved all of the books you've been reading.

      Delete
  21. I have heard amazing things about The Book of Blood and Shadow! I'm going to have to find that to read that one! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet, but I've also heard it is good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. The Book of Blood and Shadow looks amazing- love the title, cover EVERYTHING! Can't wait to read it.

    Glimmer also- pretty and sounds intriguing!

    My WOW: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I know Blood and Shadow looks terrific. I can't wait to read it. And yes, Insurgent is definitely one I'm waiting for as well. Great pick.

      Delete
  23. I can tell you I am very curious about fated. But I still didn't read him or even buy him.LOL. And I hope you would enjoy the books you are reading and the next book you are going to read.

    If you like to see my WWW you can click on it.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fated doesn't come out until may, and I'll definitely be posting my review of it. So feel free to come back and look at it if you'd like.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

      Delete
  24. I love your two Waiting on...books. So intereting sounding, both of them. And the covers are quite good as well. Thanks for highlighting them. Putting them on my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked them and I got bring them to your attention.

      Delete
  25. I love how dramatic that title is The book of blood and shadow - I just love it, haha. And Glimmer has a really cool cover. Great picks and thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually slightly turned of by how dramatic the title was at first, but I heard so many good things that I caved and now I love the title. Funny how we change our minds. And thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  26. Both sound great but Glimmer sounds really interesting to me..
    Have a Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a happy Easter as well. I'm glad you like Glimmer. I've heard good things.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  27. I just finished reading Glimmer over the weekend, and I really liked it! I hope you get to read it soon and like it as well!
    I cannot wait to get my own copy of Fated, I love everything that Noel has written and how she mentions other characters from her other series too, such a great writer!
    I hope to read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare next week, sounds like a good one too!
    Enjoy your reads, thanks for stopping by today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I'm anxious to start reading it myself.

      I'm 60 pages into The Fine Art of Truth or Dare and so far it's
      intriguing.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  28. Good picks! I already have Blood and Shadow on my list, but "Glimmer" is new to me. Love the synopsis. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and thanks for stopping by. That synopsis sounds so good.

      Delete
  29. hope u get them all

    yealous yure reading Transcendence by CJ Omolulu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about this one and am excited to start reading it.

      Delete
  30. Great choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my choices. And thanks for leaving your link. I loved your pick.

      Delete
  31. These books sound great, I'm looking forward to reading The Book of Blood and Shadow.
    I read the first two books in Alyson Noel's Immortals series and I didn't enjoy them, I'm going to gived Fated a try when it comes out, I hope it's a lot better than the Evermore series.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday http://nazish0151.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/www-wednesdays-17

    I didn't do a WoW post this week because I could't think of a book that I'm really excited for that is going to be released in the next few months.

    I tried to comment a few hours ago, but blogger wouldn't let me, I don't know why, I hate it when that happens, it's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read Evermore, but it wasn't spectacular. I really hope this one is good.

      I also hate it when blogger doesn't cooperate. :(

      Thanks for leaving your WWW link.

      Delete
  32. The book of blood and shadow and Glimmer both sound pretty awesome. I can't wait for them either.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  33. i'm super excited for your WoW picks too. great picks :)

    my WoW pick.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked the ones I picked. Thanks for leaving your link. I hadn't heard of that series before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

      Delete
  34. Nice picks! Glimmer sounds so good. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. And you're most welcome.

      Delete
  35. Blood and Shadow and Glimmer...added and added. These sound like my kinda reads. Thanks!

    http://leavemommyalone.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  36. Great picks! I am so excited for Blood and Shadow and Glimmer. Both sound so good!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know they look so good. You are most welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  37. Hi!
    here’s my WWW for this week:

    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/04/www-wednesday-apr04.html

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your book choices have such great covers! I especially like The Fine Art of Truth Or Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Now that I'm thinking about it, they really do have great covers.

      Delete
  39. Awesome WoW choices. Both are creepy and really interesting. =] Thanks for visiting my WoW and thanks for sharing. =]
    -Michael
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. And thanks for stopping by my WoW.

      I really enjoyed your WoW as well.

      Delete
  40. Great picks! I'm excited for Blood and Shadow and Glimmer. They're not my usual type of book, but they sound really interesting!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say they are my usual type of read either. They just sound good. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

      I'm also waiting on Onyx, but I need to read Obsidian first.

      Delete
  41. All of these are awesome picks! I'm definitely looking forward to The Fine Art of Truth or Dare and Glimmer :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my picks. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare is unusual but good.

      You're welcome.

      Delete
  42. Oh, I want both of these books! They sound so awesome! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by :) btw, your blog is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked my picks and think my blog is pretty. That last part made my day.

      Thanks for stopping by and I enjoyed your blog as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (310) books (277) Book Review (256) asked to review (164) blogging (132) meme (107) writing (98) review (92) young adult (84) series (80) blog tour (69) fiction (66) netgalley (66) realistic (56) romance (56) contemporary (53) adult (48) arc (47) reading addiction blog tours (40) characters (38) christian (38) Waiting on Wednesday (35) writing process (35) 2012 (34) my favorites (33) 2013 (32) Teaser Tuesday (28) IMM (27) Top Ten Tuesday (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) guest post (24) The Chosen One (21) new adult (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) fantasy (17) historical fiction (17) suspense (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) paranormal (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) excerpt (13) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) author spotlight (11) editing (11) mystery (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) debut (10) dystopia (10) promo (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) chick-lit (8) covers (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) sci-fi (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) winners (6) 2014 (5) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) retelling (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) standalone novel (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) novella (2) rant (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) inspirational (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)