Friday, May 11, 2012

Book Review: After All by Deborah Raney


After All
(Hanover Falls, #3)
by Deborah Raney
Received for Review from Publisher
Adult Christian Romantic Suspense
Release Date: May 1, 2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.38
Pages: 368

Before I get into my review, here's the summary available on Goodreads:

Eighteen months after the tragic Grove Street Fire took the life of her husband, David, and four other heroic firefighters, Susan Marlowe thinks she’s finally beginning to heal. But then she discovers that David carried a secret to his grave. A secret that changes everything she thought their marriage had been. For the sake of their sons, can Susan forgive the unforgivable? Andrea Morley lost her closest friend in the fire. But she has no right to mourn him. Instead, she must forever grieve in silence—because her dearest friend was someone else’s husband. Peter Brennan carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. As Hanover Falls’ fire chief, he was responsible for the brave firefighters who lost their lives that awful November night. Can he ever shake the feeling that he should have somehow prevented the tragedy? As he tries to rebuild the team at Clemens County’s Station 2, it seems he might find comfort in the arms of the woman he least expected.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received this for review from the publisher, Howard Books. Thanks once again. I really appreciate you sending me this to review. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: Oh wow! Why haven't I heard of this series and this author before? I absolutely adored this book. I can't begin to express how much I thoroughly enjoyed this one.Raney crafted a world that sucked me in from the get-go and characters that I couldn't help but love. 

I haven't read the previous two in the series, but I have a feeling like I am going to have to go back and do so. Let's start with the characters. Yes, both Susan and David made some mistakes, but I couldn't help but like them. Their hearts were in the right place and I definitely loved watching them interact with each other.

I've already mentioned I loved the writing, but I'm going to mention that again. I really enjoyed Raney's writing style. Her writing was beautiful, but didn't draw undue attention to itself. Instead, her writing simply took me on a journey where I could unwind and just be thoroughly entertained by the tale. 

I love Christian fiction and this is one that I'm going to be keeping on my shelf.

In Summary: I absolutely adored this book and could definitely see myself rereading this one.

The Wrap-up: Christian fiction at its best. Raney has distinguished herself as an author I know I'll be keeping tabs on and one who I will definitely want to read more from.

Love,

Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (310) books (277) Book Review (256) asked to review (164) blogging (132) meme (107) writing (98) review (92) young adult (84) series (80) blog tour (69) fiction (66) netgalley (66) realistic (57) romance (56) contemporary (54) adult (49) arc (47) reading addiction blog tours (40) christian (39) characters (38) Waiting on Wednesday (35) writing process (35) 2012 (34) my favorites (34) 2013 (32) Teaser Tuesday (28) IMM (27) Top Ten Tuesday (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) guest post (24) The Chosen One (21) new adult (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) suspense (18) fantasy (17) historical fiction (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) paranormal (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) excerpt (13) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) author spotlight (11) editing (11) mystery (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) debut (10) dystopia (10) promo (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) chick-lit (8) covers (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) sci-fi (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) winners (6) 2014 (5) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) retelling (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) standalone novel (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) novella (2) rant (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) inspirational (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)