Saturday, May 19, 2012

Book Review: The Chase by DiAnn Mills

The Chase
by DiAnn Mills
Received for Review from publisher via netgalley
Adult Christian Romantic Suspense
Release Date: Mach 27, 2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.02
Pages: 368

Before I get into my review, here's the summary available on Goodreads:

To the FBI it's a cold case. To Kariss Walker it's a hot idea that could either reshape or ruin her writing career. And it's a burning mission to revisit an event she can never forget. Five years ago, an unidentified little girl was found starved to death in the woods behind a Houston apartment complex. A TV news anchor at the time, Kariss reported on the terrifying case. Today, as a New York Times bestselling author, Kariss intends to turn the unsolved mystery into a suspense novel.Enlisting the help of FBI Special Agent Tigo Harris, Kariss succeeds in getting the case reopened. But the search for the dead girl's missing mother yields a discovery that plunges the partners into a witch's brew of danger. The old crime lives on in more ways than either of them could ever imagine. Will Kariss's pursuit of her dream as a writer carry a deadly price tag?Drawing from a real-life cold case, bestselling novelist DiAnn Mills presents a taut collage of suspense, faith, and romance in The Chase.

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received an e-galley of this book from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I love DiAnn Mills. I've read a lot of her works and have enjoyed them all. So I was really excited to read this one. 

It is always difficult to write about writing. However, DiAnn pulled this off really well. I can say that this wasn't my favorite novel by Mills. But I still really enjoyed it. DiAnn's writing was compelling and intriguing. I enjoyed delving into the world that she created.

Overall, the novel was a really enjoyable read that I adored reading. I love the genre of romantic suspense and DiAnn never disappoints. She always creates characters that I love and plot lines that I absolutely adore. This novel was no exception. Kariss and Tigo were slightly unorthodox characters but I enjoyed learning about them and loved watching their interactions with one another. 

DiAnn's writing always left me engaged with the text and anxious to see what would happen next. I'll definitely be reading the next one in the series because I want to see what happens next with Kariss and Tigo.

Like I mentioned, I enjoyed this novel, but it is hard to write about writing. DiAnn did a great job at writing about writing and I actually felt intrigued by the story. It wasn't my favorite DiAnn's novel, but I really enjoyed this one. Like all DiAnn's novels, the Christian element was never forced and I enjoyed watching how DiAnn tied everything together. 

In Summary: An intriguing novel that I adored. Definitely one I recommend for fans of Christian romantic suspense. 

Warnings/Side-notes: Nothing comes to mind. Slight violence, but it is really not graphic.

The Wrap-up: I love DiAnn Mills' novels and this one was no exception. An intriguing plot line and interesting characters. Beautifully written and a series that I'm going to keep tabs on. 

Love,

Danica Page

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)