Monday, May 14, 2012

Book Review: Finally and Forever by Robin Jones Gunn


Finally and Forever
(The Katie Weldon Series, #4)
by Robin Jones Gunn
Received for Review via publisher
Young Adult Christian fiction
Release Date: April 24,2012
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.34
Pages: 256

Before I get into my review, here's the summary:

What was she thinking? Katie Weldon wonders if she was crazy to spontaneously fly off to Africa on a mission trip. Suddenly she is dealing with a new culture, a world she's never experienced---and Eli, a friend who is quickly becoming much more. It's all overwhelming ... and exciting. As her life turns topsy-turvy, however, she begins to think this might be exactly what she needs. Here, God might give her a glimpse into His will for her life. But just as Kenya and its people find a place in her heart, and her relationship with Eli begins to get serious, Katie is faced with unanswered questions from her past and unresolved issues with Eli. Is she really headed down the same path into the future he is? It doesn't look like it. Why can't she finally and forever settle into a set direction? Living in this new and captivating place, one thing she knows for sure: anything might be possible.

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received this book from the Zondervan publishing group in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: This was the first novel I read in this series and it was the last in the series, so I didn't know a lot of the back story. While I would have liked to have read the books in order, Robin did a great job at never making me feel lost. I always felt like I had a firm understanding of what was going on in this story. 

Katie's decision to suddenly go to Africa was one that I couldn't quite relate to, since I like to plan everything; however, it seemed realistic. I could see some people making that fast of a decision. I enjoyed watching the dynamics of Katie and Eli's relationship and their struggles to work out their differences in expectations and goals. I loved watching both of these characters grow in this novel.

The writing was very well done. I never felt lost in the story like I mentioned earlier and I was able to get lost in the story and just enjoy reading. The book intrigued me and left me curious to see what was going to happen next. I never felt like the book dragged along. 

However, even though I really enjoyed the novel, it lacked that certain something to kick it over a three star rating. I really enjoyed reading this novel, but I didn't absolutely love it. It is one that I would reread and one that I definitely want to go back and read this series in order.

Robin is an author I'll be keeping tabs on and I'll definitely be interested in exploring what other books this author has written.

In Summary: A book that I really enjoyed reading. It was funny and touching at the same time. This novel was well-written and never dragged. Solid three stars.


Warnings/Side-notes: This one is clean. 

The Wrap-up: I really enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to read more from this author. Definitely recommend reading this one if you like Christian fiction.

Love,

Danica Page




3 comments:

  1. I'll put on a list of books that I want to read. Thanks for this review.


    http://fillesimpleela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my review and thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)