Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blog Tour: Guest post by Kate Hinderer


Hello Readers,

Today I'm pleased to have author Kate Hinderer on the blog. She has graciously agreed to write a guest post for me. But first, here's a little bit of information about Kate and her upcoming sophomore novel Emerald Isle which I'll be reviewing in the near future. Here's the summary: 

To escape a bad break-up and fighting parents Audyn takes a job as a lifeguard at Fascination Island. The posh five-star resort lives up to its name in every way, including the strange rules the owner has about entering the water at night. Despite declaring it a boy-free summer, it isn’t long before the shy, endearing Levi and the mysterious, tattooed Tristan begin vying for her attention. When Levi tries to push his advantage and Tristan comes to the rescue, Audyn realizes there is more to both these boys and the island they inhabit. Suddenly, she’s forced to acknowledge a reality she’d never considered and to pick a side in the conflict that has been waging for decades.

I can't wait to read this. It sounds absolutely incredible. Kate Hinderer is also the author of Aurora Undefined, which also sounds amazing. For more in formation about Kate, click this link.

And now for Kate's guest post.

Hey, I’m author Kate Hinderer and I’m lucky enough to be guest posting for the day as part of the blog book tour for The Emerald Isle. This book is part paranormal, part contemporary fiction and has adventure, romance, suspense, and a whole lot of sand.  (The book can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.)

As people have begun to pick up The Emerald Isle I have been asked where the idea for the setting came from. Fascination Island is a privately-owned island off of Fiji that houses a five-star celebrity-endorsed resort. The idea came from two places: my mind and my profession.

When I graduated with a degree in journalism the only internship experience I had was working at a real estate publication. That led to more real estate writing opportunities and then three different jobs in the field. Most of the time I wrote about leases and new skyscrapers being planned in large cities, but since I covered the international beat, every now and then I got the chance to write about a new resort. These stories and the accompanying pictures always fascinated me. The islands had everything you could ever imagine and more. Each one tried to out-do the other.

With the knowledge of those interviews I had done and the press releases I had read through, I started putting together Fascination Island. The best part was that this was my island so I could create whatever I wanted on it. I took notes on what it would need to advance the story I wanted to tell. Then I took out my colored pencils and began to draw a basic map of the place so I would see how every square foot of the imaginary island was being used. The map helped in the writing and scene creation as I went along.

If only a place like Fascination Island really existed so that I could visit and continue to write the series from there.

Kate can be reached through her email kate.hinderer@gmail.com, her blog, or her twitter account. You can also find out more aobut her book by clicking this link

Don't miss Emerald Isle which was published on July 16,2012. For more reviews of this book or guest posts, check out her blog tour schedule.

Thanks again, Kate for stopping by.  

Love,

Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)