Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Hello Readers,

Today I received a copy of Endlessly for review from work. However, I'm going to post an in formal review here.



Endlessly
(Paranormalcy, #3)
by Kiersten White
Young Adult Fantasy/Paranormal
Release Date: July 24,2012
Average Goodreads Date: 4.30 pages
Page: 400 pages
Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis:

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.


So much for normal.




My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.



Disclaimers: I received a copy of this book from work and was asked to write a review of this novel. This, however, is my informal review. 

My overall Thoughts/Impressions: First of all, I squealed when I got this book in the mail. I've been dying to read it. I have absolutely adored this series so far and the cover is simply beautiful and exquisite. 

Okay, but now for my review. First off, I went into this novel feeling apprehensive. I've read so many series lately that were fantastic and then ended so poorly. I was anxious to see how White tied all of her loose ends together.

I shouldn't have worried. White's ending was absolutely brilliant and masterfully crafted and the characters are adorable. Lend and Evie...they are both downright amusing and are two characters that I love reading about.
Evie certainly has attitude, but frankly one that I found thoroughly entertaining. And then there's Jack. He is thoroughly entertaining. I also really like Rafe. I probably shouldn't, but he's just so intriguing. 

Then there is White's writing style, it is compelling, intriguing, and simply brilliant. I always leave her books a few laughs lighter and thoroughly entertained. 

As for this novel, White picked up right where she left off and the novel moved at a fast pace throughout the novel. I found myself eagerly awaiting the ending to see what would happen. In my opinion, she ended the series perfectly. I honestly can't think of any other way she could have ended it.


Fans of this series will eat this one up. It's teenage paranormal fantasy at its best. White's writing style is brilliant and I hope that we see more from her.

In Summary: The perfect conclusion to a captivating series with characters I adored. Definitely recommended. Absolutely lovely.

The Wrap-up: I read this book in one sitting, but was left thoroughly entertained the whole time. I'm so thrilled I got to read this. And like I mentioned earlier, I definitely can't wait to see if White decides to write something else. Recommend this one, especially if you like the first two in this series.

Love,
Danica Page

1 comment:

  1. You know, we weren't totally gripped by the first book in this series, but it sounds like things improve as it goes along. Perhaps we'll have to look into books 2 and 3 after all. Thanks for the heads up!

    Irene (Hunting and Fishing Stores)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)