Monday, July 23, 2012

Book Review: Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins


Temptation
(Temptation, #1) 
by Karen Ann Hopkins
Received for Review from publisher
Young Adult Amish fiction
Release Date: June 26,2012
Average Goodreads Rating:3.66
Pages:383

Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis:

Your heart misleads you.  That's what my friends and family say.  But I love Noah. And he loves me.  We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. It should be  ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be. Because he's Amish. And I'm not.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received a temporary electronic file of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I absolutely adore young adult fiction and Amish fiction, and so when I saw that my two favorite genres were combined, to say I was ecstatic is an understatement.

I went into this novel with really high expectations. I love the premise, I loved the genre, and I absolutely adored the cover. I went in expecting to be wowed. That's exactly what happened.

I absolutely love books about forbidden romance and knowing how impossible this relationship was...I had to read it.

I loved Hopkins' writing style. She drew me in from the very first page. Her writing was compelling and intriguing. I absolutely adored her writing style. And then there was the plot line, I've already said I adored the general gist of the plot. However, the way Hopkins weaved her story was incredible. I fell in love with the characters and the story from the very beginning.

As for the main characters Noah and Rose, at times they annoyed me, but on the whole I thoroughly enjoyed reading about them. I loved watching them as they struggled to work out their emotions and love for each other.

Their love at times seemed slightly shallow, but that didn't bug me as much as I thought it would. And they gave up so much because of their love for each other. 

This book definitely falls more on the young adult side then the Amish side, but I absolutely adored the tale. I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel and will definitely be keeping this tabs on this novel.

In Summary: Basically, this book is the best of both worlds: Amish and young adult fiction combined into one incredibly written novel. Hopkins has artfully crafted a compelling novel that had me hooked from page one. I can't wait to see what's next. 

The Wrap-up: I loved this novel. It combined two of my favorite genres which rarely happens. So when it does, I celebrate. This book was intriguing and brilliantly crafted. I definitely recommend this book. 

Love,

Danica Page

4 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you enjoyed this - I know there are mixed reviews floating about, but I ended up loving it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also ended up loving it. It is simply incredible! I'm glad you liked my review.

      Delete
  2. Awesome review!! I really enjoyed this one too. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've summed up my thoughts exactly. I also can't wait for the next in the series. I wonder what's going to happen next. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)